User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Jul-13 10:56:04
Print Post

Question #72344212

[link to this post]

Hello PN Reps.

Any chance of a resolution to this question before I cancel under the Sale of Goods Act?

Poor provisioning experience, poor and rude customer service, poor connection at the end of it.

Marvelous.
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Fri 26-Jul-13 11:04:05
Print Post

Re: Question #72344212

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I think you need to read the Supply of Goods and Services Act.
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Jul-13 12:18:57
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

I have. The product isn't fit for purpose. A couple of different ways to exit contract.

Thanks for the input.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 26-Jul-13 14:57:10
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay on that, it'll be picked up by tomorrow at the very latest but should be this afternoon. Hope we manage to get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Jul-13 18:36:11
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay on that, it'll be picked up by tomorrow at the very latest but should be this afternoon. Hope we manage to get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

Thanks Mr Taylor.

Just want the line stable as it was before Openreach got their mitts on it and plumbed it into BT Wholesale's network.

I will be looking for someone for a second, FTTC business line into the home office. The measure of a company is how they solve problems, let's see how you do!
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Jul-13 01:29:51
Print Post

They got back to me. A frustrating answer but we'll see what can be done.

No idea what an SFI visit to premises will be able to achieve beyond to use your money and demonstrate the issue is in the exchange and started when the physical part of the migration was messed up leaving the landline down for 11 hours.

EDIT: The SFI visit being raised for downstream being outside of fault threshold was pretty funny too given the upstream is sitting at 120kbps and the downstream was actually fine given the long length of the line.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Mon 29-Jul-13 01:32:39)

(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Jul-13 02:13:55
Print Post

Mr Taylor,

The bits in bold are those KBD marked as red when test was done:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 39.3 67.0
SNR Margin: 16.0 6.6
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0
Cell Count: 2332 2756
Speed: 120 2090

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 3737 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 1210
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 8

WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Problem Explanation: [EPP30] An LTB issue has been identified with poor Indicative Line Quality (RED ILQ).

KBD is wrong. The FTR is way out there: 2272kbps on a 67dB attenuation line? I wish. There is no lower threshold breach on downstream, the threshold is wrong.

I would've thought a far bigger issue is that the upstream is at 120kbps and has a 16dB margin currently despite having a 6dB target margin and 448kbps profile - due to a line condition the best that the modem and MSAN could do at 6dB at the time of the resync was 120kbps. When the line issue returns even at 120kbps the line will drop and indeed has since you guys did the diagnostics on Saturday.

My partner, the account holder, has already responded back. I am concerned you'll be sending an SFI for the wrong reasons, they'll not see an intermittent fault, end up charging you, and we'll be no further along.

Far easier to just do the L+S, given it was a lift and shift from Sky MPF to BT Wholesale that broke the thing in the first place, surely?

Reaching out to you on this as not sure if the support rep kindly dealing with the issue is able to do this: you guys appear to require an SFI visit before progressing to a L+S.

The account holder is irate; the botched provision and resultant fault caused me a lot of issues as I was working from home at the time and have tried to since. She also had to deal with a support representative talking over her and being rude on the day of install.

Not only is the line not especially stable and upstream speeds poor but it is also unreliable and unstable as far as VoIP goes. Sky was solid as a rock and everything while slow just worked. Sound quality customers are receiving is poor and VoIP calls are dropping since migration to Plusnet.

We are out of the country, I'm on a business trip. I really hope this can be fixed before I'm back, if it can't the only solution open to us will be to request a MAC to force a lift and shift by moving to an LLU operator, seek refund of the year of line rental paid in advance, and dispute early cancellation charges.

I simply cannot afford to have spotty performance and reliability on this line, especially as due to a lack of e-sides from the cabinet I have not been able to get my own home office line active yet as a backup.

I hope you understand the frustration. It was slow but it worked with Sky. Move to Plusnet it is completely down for most of a day, including dialtone, the account holder has to deal with an obstructive rep when trying to get it activated, and when it does start working VoIP is broken and there's a line problem causing instability and poor speeds.

Not really doing us proud so far.
  Print Thread

Jump to