User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Thu 15-Aug-13 16:36:41
Print Post

How do I pair a device ?

[link to this post]

Hi

I'm trying to use the WIFI function on the Technicolor TG852n router but to no avail. I first changed the settings so only new devices can be connected via registration.

This made me lose my WIFI connection.

I then pressed the WPS button on the router and it started flashing red. Presumably it was at that point I was supposed to put the WIFI password in. I did but I still couldn't connect. Anyone know where I'm going wrong ?

It was so easy when I had the 02 Wireless Box II; I thought it'd be the same kind of set-up. Apparently not.

Thanks in advance.
Standard User hypertony
(committed) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:08:08
Print Post

Re: How do I pair a device ?

[re: Conrad3000] [link to this post]

You're doing it wrong, in a way.

Press the button on the router.

Then whatever the device is, it should have the same logo, click it and both will be paired.

If it doesn't have the logo, you will need to enter the password manually, no need to press the button.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 11:28:41
Print Post

Re: How do I pair a device ?

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
You're doing it wrong, in a way.

Press the button on the router.

Then whatever the device is, it should have the same logo, click it and both will be paired.

If it doesn't have the logo, you will need to enter the password manually, no need to press the button.

I entered the password manually since there was no logo on the device I was trying to connect with, and a pop-up box appeared saying 'windows was unable to connect to Plusnet wireless etc...".

What else can I do ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to