User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bah_Humbug
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 13:08:54
Print Post

Plusnet leave me no alternative

[link to this post]

The discount on my current monthly legacy package with PN soon ends and from a financial view it makes sense to change to a new package. PN advertise a package £4.99 for 9 months rising to £9.99, plus £25 cashback, free router, etc. No mention of contract length. As an existing customer all they are offering me is £9.99 for 12 months. No cashback or anything. I can get it cheaper for a 24 month contract but do not wish to tie in for that long.

This despicable behaviour now seems to be prevalent among most utility providers who do not value customer loyalty. They think that inertia will prevent most customers leaving.

I feel that I am being forced away from an ISP with whom I am very satisfied. Please Plusnet, take some notice of your existing loyal customers!

PS Written from my hospital bed, waiting to go down to theatre. Will respond to an comments when able.
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 27-Aug-13 17:39:00
Print Post

Re: Plusnet leave me no alternative

[re: Bah_Humbug] [link to this post]

Hi,

In reply to a post by Bah_Humbug:
The discount on my current monthly legacy package with PN soon ends and from a financial view it makes sense to change to a new package. PN advertise a package £4.99 for 9 months rising to £9.99, plus £25 cashback, free router, etc. No mention of contract length.

It's a 12 month contract and is dependent on you taking our phone service.

In reply to a post by Bah_Humbug:
As an existing customer all they are offering me is £9.99 for 12 months. No cashback or anything. I can get it cheaper for a 24 month contract but do not wish to tie in for that long.

We'd never give cashback as part of a retention offer or re-contracting. Is your phone service with us? Where it is I've known us to honour the half price subscription in the past.

PS Written from my hospital bed, waiting to go down to theatre.

Hope it goes well.

Best regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Bah_Humbug
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 19:31:13
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I am with PN for phone and boadband. Honouring the half price offer would be great. I wait to hear a favourable response as I really do not want to leave PN.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Aug-13 08:54:55
Print Post

[re: Bah_Humbug] [link to this post]

The key difference being you are committing to another 12 month contract rather than being on a pure notice period option.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to