User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User timl
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 21:57:54
Print Post

Address disappeared from BT online database

[link to this post]

I have a working FTTC line with Plusnet.

This evening I was browsing around the BT, Talktalk and Sky websites to see whether I can install another line with ADSL or possibly FTTC.

When I went to the ordering page on BT it says that my address doesn't exist... Talktalk and Sky agree and the online BT checker also agrees... My house doesn't exist!.

I've checked my neighbours on the address checker (who have FTTC) and they all come up as normal so why am I different.

The telephone line checker works, kind of, but the results aren't for the line I have!

I'm at a loss! Who should I contact?

Thanks
Tim

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Aug-13 22:58:09
Print Post

Re: Address disappeared from BT online database

[re: timl] [link to this post]

Are you and your neighbour on the same cabinet? Yours could be full.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User timl
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:06:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Neighbours are on the same cabinet.

I tried to order just an additional phone line and it lists every property for my postcode but not mine. It then asks if I'm a new build etc etc.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:14:12
Print Post

Does the PO Postcode Finder recognise it? If not, you might need to inform them of it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User timl
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:20:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Post Office database lists me fine.

I don't really want to put an order through for BT because I want Sky or Talktalk... but of course they rely on the BT wholesale checker. I was on there a month ago or so...

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User timl
(member) Fri 30-Aug-13 15:18:42
Print Post

Just a quick update.

I'm no nearer to understanding what's happened with my missing address but I just spoke to OFCOM who told me to talk to the Royal Mail as they supply the database to BT Wholesale. BT Wholesale won't talk to me of course.

I can see this is gonna be one of those issues which will probably resolve itself in time so I'm not stressing too much about it though the issue makes it near impossible to get any new services from telecoms companies though. BT do have a box which allows you to enter a non listed address and the Sky checker actually listed my address right at the bottom of the list of addresses for my postcode with no information from the BT wholesale checker...

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User mkelly
(member) Mon 02-Sep-13 21:27:31
Print Post

I'd ask Plusnet to check your line records in BTW's tool ECO+ and see what that returns.

Best Regards

Mark Kelly
Standard User timl
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 09:44:06
Print Post

[re: mkelly] [link to this post]

Plusnet have so far said
I have looked into your phone number and details on the BT wholesale ADSL checker and can confirm all your information and details are showing correct. If there was any maintenance or updates on your exchange this may have been the reason why you were unable to view your details.
The address is still not appearing in the BT Wholesale checker, but does appear in the Royal Mail checker. Every other address in my street (tied to that postcode) is in the BT wholesale database.

It seems all ISP's rely on this to validate their install requests.

The only entity it appears I can complain to is Plusnet - its not even their fault!... BT Wholesale won't talk to anyone but ISPs. I think I might have to write to my MP to get this resolved if Plusnet can't help.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User billinghamn
(newbie) Fri 11-Oct-13 06:27:47
Print Post

I've got the same problem - I'm with Plusnet as well.

I've rung BT and they sound like they are happy to take orders over the phone. However my order failed to go through the system properly.

Now I've looked into this a little bit further and my address is marked as being a Silver Address, which is supposed to indicate that a service has never been provided to the property, which is incorrect since I've had broadband services at my house since the early 2000s.

So it must be something to do with Plusnet, based on the statistically valid sample of 2 of us!
Standard User timl
(committed) Fri 11-Oct-13 08:27:51
Print Post

[re: billinghamn] [link to this post]

My problem has now been resolved. BT Openreach for some reason had got the wrong information.

Of course we can't talk to BT Openreach themselves as we have to go through our ISP, and in my case they resolved the issue within two or three weeks.

I'd suggest asking Plusnet to look into the matter for you.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to