User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Shempz
(learned) Mon 02-Sep-13 13:46:20
Print Post

20CN - ADSL Max Premium with Plusnet

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm currently on ADSL Max Premium with Plusnet (paying £20pm per month on an old Plusnet Pro package).

The problem is I only get 20GB of downloads per month. If I change to a current unlimited package, does anyone know if I would lose the "Max Premium" part of my profile - and therefore my upload speeds would drop from 832kb to 448kb? If that were the case, then I'm guessing Plusnet would want to charge me an extra montlhy fee to get ADSL Max Premium added back onto my profile (where currently its included)

Is the Plusnet Business broadband on ADSL Max automatically on ADSL Max Premium, or just standard ADSL Max? If so, then it may be worthwhile me going onto an unlimited business broadband package, rather than my current residential package.

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Sep-13 14:47:11
Print Post

Re: 20CN - ADSL Max Premium with Plusnet

[re: Shempz] [link to this post]

AFAIK if you do drop back to 448 upload, you just raise a request to get it uncapped, there shouldn't be a charge.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 14:51:39
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
AFAIK if you do drop back to 448 upload, you just raise a request to get it uncapped, there shouldn't be a charge.

That's not applicable to 20CN, only to WBC.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 15:18:59
Print Post

Are you able to get 21CN on your exchange? If not then yes it would unless you paid the extra. My dads on 20CN too and it says his is an Addon for £5 a month. His Unlimited is £19.49 a month so if yours is the same ( Market 1 exchange) the it's £24 a month but considering you still get the upload and the unlimited data that's worth it?
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Sep-13 15:21:36
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

That's not applicable to 20CN, only to WBC.

OK thanks, obviously I'm still not appreciating all the ADSL nuances.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 15:37:44
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

OK thanks, obviously I'm still not appreciating all the ADSL nuances.

The vast majority of people in the UK are connected to exchanges with Wholesale Broadband Connect (WBC), so IPstream Connect (along with its 8 meg cap and upstream limitations) isn't something which crops up a whole lot these days.

Oliver.
Standard User Shempz
(learned) Mon 02-Sep-13 15:56:17
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Unfortunately, I'm one of the great unwashed in Market 1 with no 21CN and no LLU...and am stuck with ADSL Max forever.

I might changeover to unlimited then if Plusnet will only charge a fiver per month to put me back up to Max Premium. Its bad enough I max out D/L speeds at about 2.3mb...but I just can't be having my upload speeds halve!
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 16:22:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Shempz:
Unfortunately, I'm one of the great unwashed in Market 1 with no 21CN and no LLU...and am stuck with ADSL Max forever.

I might changeover to unlimited then if Plusnet will only charge a fiver per month to put me back up to Max Premium. Its bad enough I max out D/L speeds at about 2.3mb...but I just can't be having my upload speeds halve!

You don't know that. My dads exchange is Under Investigation and I have seen BT putting in new telegraph poles as their phone system is all over ground.

Never say Forever!
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 16:36:22
Print Post

I would check with Plusnet sales/retentions and ask if they can do Unlimited with uncapped upload 832 Kbps (Max Premium) for about the same price that you are paying now for "pro" on a Market 1 exchange...also requesting a MAC key, with the potential to use it, may help with any negotiations smile
Standard User Shempz
(learned) Mon 02-Sep-13 16:36:34
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

There are 494 residential lines on my exchange. In all the email exchanges I've had with BT, there is little hope for mine, and I'll quote BT here:

"we prioritise our rollout around where we can provide the service to the greatest number of customers"

So, an exchange with just 494 lines. I don't think so.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to