User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikej
(experienced) Tue 24-Sep-13 13:24:42
Print Post

Upgrading account during a 12 month contract

[link to this post]

I'm thinking of changing my 'Pro' account (rolling monthly contract) to the current (broadband-only) 'Unlimited' deal at £12.49/month, but that means signing up for another 12 months to get it for that price.

If, during that time, I wanted to upgrade to Fibre, would I be able to and without penalty ?

I'm presuming that i would be OK to do this as Fibre would cost more, but I thought I'd better check.

Thanks !

My PC : Intel i7 920, ASUS P6T, 2x3GB Corsair DDR3, 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs, ASUS HD4870DK, Pioneer DVR-216DBK DVD-RW, Corsair TX-650 PSU, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 (64-bit)

My ADSL : PlusNet Pro, Netgear DG834G router
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Sep-13 13:34:11
Print Post

Re: Upgrading account during a 12 month contract

[re: mikej] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mikej:
If, during that time, I wanted to upgrade to Fibre, would I be able to and without penalty ?

I believe so, but it would be a new 18-month contract. Hopefully someone more official will correct me if I'm wrong.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 24-Sep-13 16:01:31
Print Post

I upgraded from Value Fibre to Unlimited Fibre 11 months into my 18. It just started a new 18 month term. Your case is very similar.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 24-Sep-13 16:55:50
Print Post

Hi, I can confirm kasg and RobertoS have the situation - you'd start a new contract on the new product, but the remainder of your existing contract is dropped.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User mikej
(experienced) Wed 25-Sep-13 01:06:19
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks for the confirmation - I just upgraded from Pro to Unlimited, so no more 20GB cap and I'll save myself £4/month smile

My PC : Intel i7 920, ASUS P6T, 2x3GB Corsair DDR3, 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs, ASUS HD4870DK, Pioneer DVR-216DBK DVD-RW, Corsair TX-650 PSU, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 (64-bit)

My ADSL : PlusNet Pro, Netgear DG834G router

Edited by mikej (Wed 25-Sep-13 01:08:10)

Print Thread

Jump to