User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User poggs
(learned) Mon 07-Oct-13 19:26:56
Print Post

Huffy rant: no broadband or four days now - how much longer?

[link to this post]

My bb simply stopped working at 7.51 am on Friday 4th oct. I reported it at 810 on Friday and it was confirmed with support to be an authentication issue. I have a connection to the exchange at 8128 but could not log into plusnet or the bt start up domains etc. so fault logged. And nothing.

Turns out the techies didn't even bother to look at it Until 11.28 this morning, a full 75 hours after I reported it. And found that there is an authentication issue.

Grr.

So now I have to wait as they escalate it to the 'suppliers' with an update in another 72 hours.

4 days wasted. Why oh why was the fault not checked by plusnet on Friday?

I think this is poor. Am I right or wrong.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Oct-13 19:40:38
Print Post

Re: Huffy rant: no broadband or four days now - how much lon

[re: poggs] [link to this post]

You lost a consumer product with no service level agreement, and therefore no defined time scale to repair.

PlusNet are the only people who can examine the length of the relevant support queues, and determine whether your experience was in line with their expectations of the service they deliver.

It sounds like this is more likely to be a BT Wholesale issue than a PlusNet one, considering your inability to log into the start up domain. As such, it's not in PlusNet's immediate competence to repair (unlike if your records had been corrupted in PlusNet's RADIUS servers), and PlusNet need to depend on BT Wholesale's fault resolution processes.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 09:13:36
Print Post

It isn't 75 hours. It is 1 working day. That isn't bad for a response for a residential product that as David explains has no SLA. For the amount britain pays for broadband you may have to adjust your expectations as to what level of service you can expect to get.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User poggs
(learned) Tue 08-Oct-13 11:48:43
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Ho hum. I know it's a consumer line with a consumer contract, but I've no broadband and it's really annoying smile

Plusnet are saying the fault is at the exchange. Bt have replied saying they have fixed it., however I've still no broadband with still the same authentication errors as before.

back to plusnet who are saying that the exchange is still reporting that there is a fault. So it's again back to bt with the update in 72 hours clock restarting.

Meanwhile I am continuing to over react and completely failing to accept that it's just a broadband connection and I'm to get a life............

So frustrating.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 12:29:18
Print Post

I've got a 3g dongle, had it for years and just pay '3' £5 per month for 1GB usage, and I find it very useful for when the PPP link goes down which it invariably does from time to time due to remote hardware or software problems.

It can indeed be very irritating if the modem remains sync'd to the exchange (DSL link) but for some reason there is no internet connection (PPP link) but unfortunately it just "one of those things" frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Oct-13 12:37:36
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

My emergency plan is relocate to a coffee shop in the next nearest place where Internet is available...

Internet broke is probably one of the most frustrating things people experience in day to day life, the only way it could be worse is if the rest of a family was badgering you about it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 12:40:59
Print Post

Can understand the vent and clearly you do understand why in which case fair play - feel free to rant.

As per others I have a 3G MiFi device that I can use in the event Internet goes down. If Internet is vital then you need alternatives for when it fails - even leased lines can be out for long periods in certain circumstances which is why companies need business continuity plans and circuit redundancy to keep afloat.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 12:46:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Internet broke is probably one of the most frustrating things people experience in day to day life, the only way it could be worse is if the rest of a family was badgering you about it.

Sounds like the entire population have become internet addicts - however it does now seem that the internet has become almost a necessity in everyday life smile
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 13:10:45
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:

Sounds like the entire population have become internet addicts - however it does now seem that the internet has become almost a necessity in everyday life smile

So the government keep telling us.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 08-Oct-13 13:44:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Internet broke is probably one of the most frustrating things people experience in day to day life
I think a power cut is worse. The Internet goes off, but so do the lights, the kettle and many of the alternatives to the Internet.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to