User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Speedchaser
(member) Tue 05-Nov-13 22:07:51
Print Post

Plusnet move

[link to this post]

Will be switching to Plusnet FTTC shortly from BT. Email from Plusnet has advised engineer will call on the 11th Nov. As I am with BT FTTC curently, will the engineer actually have to call to my house? Will there be anything for him to do? Plusnet have also sent a letter stating my broadband will be activated on the 14th Nov. Does this mean I will have 3 days without an internet service?

Edited by Speedchaser (Tue 05-Nov-13 22:08:24)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 05-Nov-13 22:18:27
Print Post

Re: Plusnet move

[re: Speedchaser] [link to this post]

I think that's a standard (original) FTTC email that hasn't even now been fixed for FTTC > FTTC migrations. I got the same 19 months ago so rang up and queried it. After going away for a bit he came back and confirmed there would be no engineer home visit.

Which was correct smile.

What the three days is all about I don't know. The usual statement is midnight at the end of the day of activation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.2/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 05-Nov-13 22:18:47)

(member) Wed 06-Nov-13 08:21:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If your correct then there will be no three day wait between engineer and activation as an engineer will not call. Though after being assured my internet would switch within 5-7 days this has ballooned to almost two weeks. Does the engineer who would call at my home (if I didn't already have FTTC) also do any work at the exchange regards switching to plusnet or is that sorted on activation?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User scolland
(newbie) Wed 06-Nov-13 10:27:23
Print Post

I just moved from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre Unlimited last week.

Engineer appointment booked as it was 'required'. I called once the engineer was a no-show and the support agent confirmed that no engineer is necessary for a migration as they are mainly there to resolve internal wiring issues and move master socket if necessary. He flipped a switch there end and it connected instantly whilst on the phone!

Not sure they quite know what they are doing on Fibre migrations yet.

On a slightly different note, the switchover went smoothly if you exclude the fact that no-one can ring me any more. If I dial 17070 from my landline it identified the line as my number, and I can make outgoing calls but incoming callers get number not in service!!! - Broadband also fully working. Weird and I assume it's related in some way to the migration so not all the kinks are worked out yet.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Nov-13 12:03:00
Print Post

[re: scolland] [link to this post]

I suggest you get onto support immediately about the phone. There is something wrong there.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Nov-13 12:09:07
Print Post

I'm not sure what a move from BT Infinity to PlusNet FTTC does involve at "BT Group" end, but it is either at the exchange or even remotely through an Openreach or BT Wholesale (software) control panel.

However, for it to go live on PlusNet, PlusNet have to activate your account with them. It exists, (you can access it and track your order), but is not activated for broadband until some time up to midnight on the day of migration.

As I said, that three days is odd.

(member) Wed 06-Nov-13 14:29:01
Print Post

I contacted Plusnet CS. They said the email informing me the engineer was coming on the 11th Nov was a mistake. He's coming on the 13th !?! I advised that as I am on FTTC already was an engineers visit required. CS then admitted that no I probably will not get a visit actually as one is not usually required. They are however going to keep the booking as it now stands and inform me if they know for sure that the engineer will not be required. Bit of a mess really. After assuring me switchover in 5-7 days this has ballooned to 14 with incorrect days being emailed. This is a switchover from within BT group. If that can't be sorted by Plusnet within the 5-7 days what can??

Edited by Speedchaser (Wed 06-Nov-13 14:29:55)

Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Wed 06-Nov-13 15:19:41
Print Post

JOOI, I have placed my order with PlusNet to go from BT (FTTC) for both FTTC & Phone, they sent me the acknowledgement email on the 28/10, from what I can see the FTTC bit should only take 5-7 working days and the phone bit about 2 weeks later, how long should I wait before contacting them.

Bob WRBRIX
PN Unl.Fibre - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mb/s Avg 74.54/18.62 Mb/s @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway to CIX, ADSL to Nildram, SKY & Be*Unlimited, Fibre to BT
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 06-Nov-13 15:28:27
Print Post

Hi there,

Sorry about the dates thing, if you could drop me a PM with your username or paste a ticket ID in here I'd be happy to take a look and clear things up for you?

Re the fibre to fibre migrations, that's the ordering process at the moment - I daresay it'll be changed in future, but as things stand even though it's a migration and an engineer visit to the premises isn't required to switch the service we still need to book an appointment as part of the order and the switch takes place on the date that gets booked.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 06-Nov-13 15:29:53
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

Hi The_Voyager,

We'd be happy to check on things for you if you could PM me your username or paste in a ticket ID? As per my post in reply to speedchaser though you should have had a date for an engineer visit booked in, that'll be when the broadband move takes place.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to