User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PJHilder
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 11:33:34
Print Post

Migrating from Be to Plusnet

[link to this post]

I currently have DSL and phoneline with Be and placed an order for Fibre broadband with Plusnet on Saturday. Today I called up Be to get my MAC code and give my 30 days notice. However I was called back shortly to be told that if Plusnet transfer the broadband first my phoneline with Be will be disconnected meaning Plusnet won't be able to transfer it afterwards. As I don't really enjoy paying ££ to have something reconnected is there anyway of migrating without paying extra charges?

Paul.

--
* Paul.
* www.paulhilder.com *
Standard User timl
(committed) Tue 19-Nov-13 16:03:22
Print Post

Re: Migrating from Be to Plusnet

[re: PJHilder] [link to this post]

I transferred from BE 12 months ago. And I was told the same thing. You should talk to BE to see if they can keep the line active until you've transferred... that's what I did and it cost me 45 extra days of both phone and broadband service.

As an alternative, you could transfer your telephone service to BT... wait for that to complete (usually a couple of weeks) and then transfer your broadband to Plusnet. Of course that would be more costly.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Nov-13 16:25:35
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

He could migrate the telephony to another provider like say zen, who do not require a 12mths min term., or plusnet should be able to do a sim provide , at the end of the day there is no real reason that you can't move the bb first, Just the inept systems that BE use

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User timl
(committed) Tue 19-Nov-13 16:28:02
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Yes, absolutely... that would be a really good solution too.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 20-Nov-13 14:56:28
Print Post

Unfortunately we can't do a sim provide on a migration, and ofcom regulations state there must be at least a 2 week lead time for a phone migration. Be are able to keep a phone line open for two weeks as I understand it following the broadband transfer, so shouldn't interrupt the process.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 15:23:16
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

I thought i had read somewhere that another Be customer had been offered a sim provide maybe someone got it wrong then or i mis interpreted it?

The only possible issue with transferring the bb first is that good old BTopenreach fail to turn up or come across an issue that prevents the migration,

So to ensure the op don't loose their telephone number or service they could be better off switching phone first to another provider on a short term contract whilst the bb migration completes , could the op not ,move the phone to plusnet first, then once complete migrate the bb ?
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 20-Nov-13 15:41:08
Print Post

If it's a full LLU service then we can do a sim provide, but if it's on a BT line (and therefore needs a MAC) then that's not possible.

As for moving the phone first, unfortunately our automation isn't built to do that so while it's technically possible it'd take us a lot more time to do it that way. We do have a project running currently to improve the automation though as yet no due date (it is being actively worked on though).

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 15:56:07
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Well no one with BE/o2 are Full LLU ,but some will no doubt end up being on Sky Full LLU,
So the only real way the op can switch both services without the risk of loosing their phone number/service would be to switch the phone/line rental to an other provider on a short term contract first, then once complete migrate the bb , then again once the order is complete on the bt systems, move the phone across to plusnet ,
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 18:59:21
Print Post

......... switch the phone/line rental to an other provider on a short term contract first,

If it helps the op and others, two that spring to mind are:-

http://www.madasafish.com/frequently-asked-questions...

http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/voice/phone-service...

There well may be other suppliers who can offer monthly contracts. tongue

Alastair

plusnet

Edited by Apprentice (Wed 20-Nov-13 19:02:11)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Nov-13 08:50:09
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
......... switch the phone/line rental to an other provider on a short term contract first,

If it helps the op and others, two that spring to mind are:-

http://www.madasafish.com/frequently-asked-questions...
Given who now owns Madasafish I wonder why Plusnet are not suggesting this until their own system lets them take the phone first!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to