User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Coppermine
(newbie) Tue 26-Nov-13 20:03:45
Print Post

New ISP woes FTTC flavour!

[link to this post]

Hi,

Last week I ordered Plusnet FTTC - broadband only, with an installation date of this Thursday (Plusnet website reports my order should complete tomorrow at 12pm). Today I had a BT engineer turn up unannounced trying to install FTTC to the incorrect line - one that is billed to somebody else! No idea whether Plusnet passed on the incorrect details or whether BT Openreach logged the incorrect details on their system but in any case I had to get him to leave our premises.

All the relevant details are correct as per the Plusnet website advising the correct contact number and the number the DSL line is to be provided on etc...

What I'm concerned about is whether or not I'm going to get an engineer's visit when I had originally booked it to occur on and whether when they do turn up, the engineer will connect the correct wires to the correct line!

I've logged a ticket but with an average response time of 37 hours, I'll probably know the score from the engineer himself (or herself) before Plusnet responds to my ticket!

I hate changing ISP's something nearly always goes wrong!

Lloyd
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Nov-13 22:30:31
Print Post

Re: New ISP woes FTTC flavour!

[re: Coppermine] [link to this post]

If u order FTTC in your property, then openreach would come to your property to installing FTTC as for line, how come it was someone else's line if it was inside in your property? Puzzle me of why openreach had turn up a day before installation date.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Tue 26-Nov-13 22:32:17)

Standard User Coppermine
(newbie) Wed 27-Nov-13 00:17:39
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

There are 2 lines in the property, one billed to me, the other not billed to me.

I was surprised when I spoke to the engineer because he specifically told me his instructions were to install to the incorrect telephone number (incorrect from my point of view not his)!

I also booked on plusnet's website the slot for the engineer's visit to be Thursday morning, certainly not today! What would be the point of allowing the customer to choose an appointment slot then completely disregard the customer's wish and turn up when you like?

Also if the line were to be activated tomorrow why turn up today to do the install?? The guy would have to do tests on the line before leaving? At least the last guy did on a different install I was involved with...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 00:20:35
Print Post

Maybe he try to disconnected other line before installing FTTC tomorrow

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Nov-13 00:31:11
Print Post

Did he have the name of the end user - i.e. you? Is it impossible the other line user had also ordered FTTC?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Coppermine
(newbie) Wed 27-Nov-13 00:34:01
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In any case I didn't want the engineer messing around with someone else's line and the idea is moot because I asked him to leave before he did so.

I just hope I get the correct line activated and the dsl I've asked for - I guess I'll find out on Thursday.
Standard User Coppermine
(newbie) Wed 27-Nov-13 01:00:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Robert,

Yes this would most definately be impossible and impractical, also the guy had my name and was performing the installation on behalf of plusnet.

smile
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 02:30:20
Print Post

Weird. I would chase it up with PN asap. I had a FTTC install go wrong that left me with no broadband (apart from 3G, so not totally disasterous) for about 2 weeks.

It's very odd that he turned up early though. I was fairly sure that BTOR assigns each engineer their jobs for the day at the 'start' of the day so doesn't make sense.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Nov-13 09:51:53
Print Post

I have highlighted your post here on the PN Forums, hopefully a rep will come over here and give you a response!!

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 27-Nov-13 12:10:04
Print Post

Hi Coppermine,

Sorry to hear things aren't going as smoothly as they should be, I have suspicions (mostly around the records our suppliers hold for the line(s) in your premises) but would need to check your account in order to confirm them. If you could drop me a PM with your username and if possible the number you'd like the services installing on I'll do what I can to get this sorted out/explain what's happening.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to