User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User scolland
(newbie) Wed 27-Nov-13 16:10:20
Print Post

PlusNet = Terrible customer service - ignoring complaints!

[link to this post]

Hi all, for anyone thinking of migrating to PlusNet on a fibre product, just wanted to share my experiences.

I have been a PlusNet customer for 4/5 weeks now, having migrated from Sky Fibre and the process has been appalling!

During the order process you can nominate three slots that you are available for engineers, I did so, all three being AM appointments, they duly booked the engineer for the first date in the PM - I had to contact them to get it moved, the AM was available, they had just decided to ignore my request.

On the day of the migration, I waited for the engineer until 2pm then called customer service - after only an 8 minute wait I was told the engineer could be running late and to wait. When I explained that I was migrating from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre, I was told that no engineer was required and told to change the username and password in my router - a day off work wasted!

From the moment I migrated, the telephone would not work. I could make calls out, I could use 17070 and it identified it as my line, but when anyone called me, they got three beeps as if the number did not exist.

I called PlusNet (20 minute wait) to report the issue, they told me they need to send an engineer out - fine.

Engineer came a couple of days later, checked everything, could not find a fault. Said it must be a porting issue so he would pass it back to PlusNet.

I called PlusNet to chase a couple of days later (15 minute wait) and was told the engineer is wrong, we need to re-book.

Second engineer came out, same thing, he went out to the exchange and plugged into the port, he could call me fine so there was nothing wrong with the line. Again, it was passed back to PlusNet.

Chasing PlusNet again, they said the engineer wasn't doing his job properly and it clearly was an Openreach issue, they booked a third engineer - the third engineer was the same guy as the first time. He checked everything again and reiterated that it must be a porting issue.

I emailed PlusNet and told I would need a fourth engineer. At this point I lost my temper a little. I requested that a manager call me back urgently as I wasn't happy that this had now dragged on for three weeks, we were on our fourth engineer and getting nowhere!!!

I spoke to a helpful guy (not a manager) who accepted that all engineers had requested that PlusNet re-port the number and that no-one who had worked the case had read the notes, they had just blindly booked another appointment and this whole thing should have been resolved three weeks ago. Within the hour the issue was fixed!!!

I explained that I was unhappy about the level of service and that no-one had ever read any of the engineer feedback and made a complaint. The complaint was logged over a week ago (Ticket 77406325) and I still haven't heard a thing on it.

Overall not at all impressed.
Call centre may be UK based, but doesn't seem to have helped.
They may publish their call wait times - doesn't make for good reading.
PlusNet may pride themselves on customer service - doesn't mean they action complaints (I was told I would get a response in three working days).

If a PlusNet rep would care to comment, I'd love to hear what they have to say. Had a good feeling about joining PlusNet, now just a bad taste in my mouth.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 27-Nov-13 16:29:25
Print Post

Re: PlusNet = Terrible customer service - ignoring complaint

[re: scolland] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Really sorry at how that's all happened. Firstly I'd like to confirm that I've refunded you a month's line rental from your initial invoice to cover the time you've been without service.

I can see the ticket dealing with the fault has been picked up by one of our agents who's taken this on as a personal and has already agreed to call you in a week's time to confirm that the issue is indeed resolved, as it now appears to be.

Unfortunately the team who deal with those tickets are busy at the moment, hence the wait you're experiencing with the ticket number you've quoted. I'd expect that to be picked up soon and I've no doubt that on top of the refund I've just arranged will make sure everything is satisfactory for you.

I'll also make sure to feed back on those who didn't pick up on the number port issue on the fault ticket.

All I can add really is another apology for the delay both on getting the phone service working and answering your fault ticket. I'm very sorry for both of those things and I hope that we manage to remove the taste you're left with and restore your faith in us as an ISP.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support

Edited by orbrey (Wed 27-Nov-13 17:22:34)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Nov-13 03:44:11
Print Post

Hmmm. I was looking at FTTC as an alternative to cable and was considering using Plusnet instead of TalkTalk based on the idea that the extra £3 might buy me better CS should I need it. Your post has made me wonder if that's a reasonable supposition.

I've subscribed to both the PN and TT forums here and see that the PN one is much busier despite them having fewer customers sfaik, Considering most posts on these boards are problems of one sort or another that's made me wonder too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Nov-13 04:40:59
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

TT users tend not to join teckie discussion groups. Look for them on FaceBook.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Nov-13 09:08:33
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

I have tried several providers in the past and PN are the best yet. There have undoubtedly been some issues recently, but bear in mind that people rarely post a complimentary message when all is going well, they just post when they have a problem.

There are at least 2 members of PN staff who monitor this forum and they generally respond very quickly and seem to get things sorted.

http://speedtest.net/result/2459383290.png

Solar Results
Nov  143,  Dec  125,  Jan  77,  Feb 174,  Mar  210,  April 384, May 450, 
June 485, July 512, Aug 433, 
Max Day  25.2
Standard User scolland
(newbie) Thu 28-Nov-13 10:29:56
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

The last rep I spoke to seemed far more switched on, immediately read the notes and had it fixed within the hour. He called me to say he'd picked up the ticket and again in an hour to say it was sorted and 24 hours later to make sure things were ok. If other staff were of this calibre, I'd have been up and running after the first engineer.

One thing I will say for PlusNet is that so far at least they're not trying to make excuses. They're not blaming it on Openreach, they're simply putting their hands up and saying essentially, you're right, we weren't paying attention properly, it isn't good enough and we'll feed it back to the staff involved. I'll see what complaints have to say, but at least they seem to be willing to take responsibility, couldn't imagine TalkTalk being so frank.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Nov-13 10:32:10
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by philippercival:
bear in mind that people rarely post a complimentary message when all is going well, they just post when they have a problem.
Which is why the high activity here compared to the TalkTalk forum gave me some concern....
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Nov-13 10:36:14
Print Post

That's certainly a good point.

I'm by no means certain that I'll move to FTTC as the reason I dropped ADSL was a faulty line that never got fixed. This was some time ago so I will be on a different physical connection and the bulk of that will be for voice only which I don't use so all may be well - if it is though I won't need CS anyway.
  Print Thread

Jump to