User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 30-Nov-13 12:22:53
Print Post

Relative couldn't cite me as a referrer?

[link to this post]

My sister, who is switching to Plusnet (from BT) wanted to cite me as the referrer/recommender, but hasn't been able to.

At first, I identified the problem as being that she was quoting my real name, instead of the Plusnet username, so I told her my Plusnet username. She says it still wouldn't work, so she has gone ahead and placed the order without.

She's not the most tech savvy person, and has only just been discharged from hospital following an op, so I couldn't positively rule out that she was doing something wrong.

Is it possible to get this sorted out retrospectively, or have I lost the discount for good, now that she's got too impatient, and ordered anyway?

T.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Nov-13 12:50:24
Print Post

Re: Relative couldn't cite me as a referrer?

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

If you and your sister post tickets on your accounts explaining that she wants you to be a referrer then it will be fixed
There is conflicting advice on this - one says that only your sister needs to raise a ticket the other both - so belt and braces
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 30-Nov-13 12:58:42
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

OK, thanks for that - she's only just placed the order, so I doubt she's even got her PN username yet - won't be able to do anything her side for a bit. And I assume on mine either, because there's presumably no point trying to tell PN, if I don't know which other account we're talking about yet. Obviously I know my sister's name and address, but I wouldn't be able to supply her PN username.

I foresee obstacles, because she's not very patient at the best of times, and she's neither very well nor very happy at the moment. Could be fun and games trying to talk her through raising a ticket - sorry, question wink - for the first time!

T.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Nov-13 12:59:16
Print Post

I rang or raised a ticket after signing in favour of someone who had helped a lot in making up my mind to join PN, as I didn't know their username at the time. Went through with no trouble.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Nov-13 16:06:12
Print Post

Did she sign up online or on the phone? My daughter signed up over the phone, not knowing my username she gave my real name & they sorted it from there!

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 30-Nov-13 17:04:26
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

I assume she did it online, as her description was: "It wouldn't do it", rather than: "They couldn't do it", or similar - which would have made more sense, if she'd actually been talking to a person.

T.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Mon 02-Dec-13 13:00:56
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

If you do this there shouldn't be an issue adding the referral.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to