User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 09:40:22
Print Post

Ongoing Problems

[link to this post]

I have a problem with this line that seems to become seriously unstable during peak periods

both my draytek 2850vn and billio 7800n suffer with extreme packet loss and 500ms ping spikes, the 2850vn comes off worse with drop outs etc

my bqm shows what looks like a congestion issue. As a result I have lost 2MB off my sync and my snrm has been reset along with my upstream bandwidth being reduced.

I t has been 6 days since the reset occurred.

I am asking what plusnet is doing about this considering I have only 4 months left (£39.91) if I were to jump ship early !

I have been advising plusnet of these issues for several months now without any sort of resolution

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 04-Dec-13 09:50:34
Print Post

Re: Ongoing Problems

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

To be blunt, we're doing very little on this as there isn't a fault ticket on your account, nor can I see one opened within the last several months.

There is a standard support ticket where you've told us of ping spikes yesterday, but that's all I can see.

I'd strongly suggest opening a fault ticket with us, this gives some diagnostics to go through and then passes the ticket to the correct team to look into the issues. https://faults.plus.net

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 04-Dec-13 11:20:59
Print Post

What happened at 23:20 yesterday? It looks like a router reboot or swap, accompanied by a significant latency fall and reasonable stability.

On the downside, packet loss increased a lot until about 4a.m.

Do you know about the Plusnet ping-graph page so you can see if others are affected?

Congestion doesn't cause re-sync's or DLM changes. Only faults or interference/noise do that.

How is your £39.91 calculated please, and what product - signed up to when?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 04-Dec-13 11:23:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 12:07:52
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

To be blunt, we're doing very little on this as there isn't a fault ticket on your account, nor can I see one opened within the last several months.

first phone call ended up with your CS rep advising me that it will cost £60 to take this further

second phone call I was advised that i should send you a question via your web portal

you tell me what I else I should do !

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 12:10:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

nothing has changed concerning my setup other than this is getting progressively worse during 6-12 pm every night

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 04-Dec-13 12:30:36
Print Post

You do see what I'm talking about on your BQM though?

6-12pm is when most people get trouble. To my mind the question is what happened when it started. Any idea when, and whether you or a neighbour got new kit, like a new TV or anything TV-related?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 12:56:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

of course !

I expect to see increase in latency during peak periods as more people use their connections

last night i swapped my billion with my 2850vn (11.30pm) usually it is the other way around so hence why I am getting a bit riled by it all

the only thing in my household switched on during those times is lighting, TV is on during all times of the day due to shifts and the homeplugs are on 24/7

As I am on the pole I am wondering if it is interference

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 04-Dec-13 13:09:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Stanman_24:
of course !

I expect to see increase in latency during peak periods as more people use their connections
Steps in the average latency on BQM are not normally due to other people's usage. I think that sort of thing usually hits the blue, and your own use the yellow.
last night i swapped my billion with my 2850vn (11.30pm) usually it is the other way around so hence why I am getting a bit riled by it all
Your previous reply said nothing had changed in your setup, now you say, as I had suggested, you swapped the router. wink
the only thing in my household switched on during those times is lighting, TV is on during all times of the day due to shifts and the homeplugs are on 24/7
Fluorescent/energy-saving lights? Even if not, try switching all lights in all rooms for five minutes when things are bad. It might show nothing, but all possibilities have to be ruled out, and that's an easy one. Remember it could be neighbours anyway - I used to get really bad stuff from a house about 50 metres away round a corner, where they ran a business of some kind. Proven because the day they moved out, it stopped.
As I am on the pole I am wondering if it is interference
I reckon it is interference. That's what causes disconnections and DLM intervention. But I doubt if the pole has anything to do with it.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 04-Dec-13 13:27:47
Print Post

The £60 is for a failed engineer visit, that's only payable if we end up sending an engineer out and they find the fault is caused by your internal wiring or setup.

I'd strongly suggest doing the steps from https://faults.plus.net as per my previous reply.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 14:02:08
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

done already

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to