User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Fri 13-Dec-13 08:04:15
Print Post

Long wait for new line

[link to this post]

A friend recently moved to Plusnet on my recommendation. He has recently moved house and is really frustrated because of long delays getting the phone line installed. He's relying on indifferent mobile reception and a kind neighbour's wifi. SInce I recommended him to PN I feel a certain responsibility. Even though he forgot to enter my name so I don't get a referral bonus.

PN customer service has said, probably correctly, that it's down to Openreach, who have fouled up several appointments and are now talking about 6 weeks to do the instal. I don't know if any of the PN reps here have any way of helping. I've suggested that my friend joins TBB and starts a thread here but he hasn't yet done so.

I can provide contact details by private message if any of the PN guys want to pick up the case.

Edited by ppppenguin99 (Fri 13-Dec-13 08:08:59)

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 09:58:42
Print Post

Re: Long wait for new line

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

Openreach are a law unto themselves. It's not your fault and it's not Plusnet either. The villain here is Ofcom for setting up the structure which lead to a monopoly company answerable to nobody.
(member) Fri 13-Dec-13 10:41:28
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

The underlying cause of the problem is easy to see. Doing something about solving it on the ground in a particular case is something else.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 13-Dec-13 11:56:35
Print Post

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

The referral discount can be applied later. It might not be tactful just yet to ask him to let them know your username.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(member) Fri 13-Dec-13 14:05:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not really worried about the discount. The main thing is trying to help my friend to get his line installed.
  Print Thread

Jump to