User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gromit69
(member) Sat 14-Dec-13 19:00:47
Print Post

Broken router

[link to this post]

I set up a plusnet connection for a relative a few years ago and now it seems that their router has died.
The Thomson 585 just sits with the 'power' LED showing red.
Couple of questions:
* Does this sound fried?
* Do plusnet replace routers?
* Do they have an auto configure option, or will I need to set up a new router manually?

Many thanks in advance
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 14-Dec-13 19:26:18
Print Post

Re: Broken router

[re: gromit69] [link to this post]

Have you tried turning it off, and unplugging its power supply from the mains, for 15 minutes? Not likely to work, but does no harm to try.

If it still shows red after that, will it do a factory reset?

Not sure if they replace routers FOC once out of warranty.

TR-069 is implemented on the account these days, so all a new router should need is the username@plusdsl.net and the account password. It can take 15 minutes to work. Mine does work but doesn't say so, so in the end I disconnect and reconnect.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User gromit69
(member) Sun 15-Dec-13 07:28:35
Print Post

Re: Broken router

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks Roberto.
The last thing I had her try was powering down the unit for about 5 mins before bring it back up. This seemed to work which was a bit of a relief. Though it was about 20 mins before it was properly good to go

Looking at the PN site, it looks like the FOC router is just that. You're on your own afterwards. And TR-069 would have been very useful.
I'll know for when it does break!

Thanks again!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to