User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 20-Dec-13 18:58:13
Print Post

Referral question again...

[link to this post]

OK, my sister has finally gone live with Plusnet (delays were not caused by PN, but by BT being tardy with her MAC).

Despite not being able to cite me as a referrer during the sign-up process, she was able to speak to a human being, and told I would be credited as the referrer once her connection was up and running.

So my question now is at what point should I be able to see it on my a/c? Reading the blurb about how it works, it looks as if I probably wouldn't be credited with any discount until her next billing date, which I assume is about a month from now?

But shouldn't it show as pending or something, so I can at least see the referral has been logged?

Thx.

T.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-Dec-13 19:07:40
Print Post

Re: Referral question again...

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

IIRC with a manual logging, it doesn't appear on the receiver's list until the next payment is actually made by the subscriber. That was certainly what happened when I did what your sister has, and submitted the referral after I was live.

From a couple I have received, it seems to work the way you expect if the referral is done during the order process. It does appear as Pending until the first subsequent payment is received. From then on it shows as Active.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 20-Dec-13 19:15:46
Print Post

Re: Referral question again...

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

OK, thanks for that. I guess I have to wait and see what happens in the New Year, in that case.

I do think she submitted the referral before she was live, though. She spoke to CS over a week ago, when she gave them the MAC, and at that point cited me as the referrer, too.

It's gone live today, apparently.

T.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to