User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:04:26
Print Post

Call me impatient if you like

[link to this post]

....but how long does it normally take plusnet to activate a new service?

I've switched from O2 ADSL to plusnet FTTC, the engineer has been, checked it out, connected everything up and the Internet light on the router is still red. He said it should be instantaneous or maybe 15 mins. The plusnet book delivered with the router said 15 minutes as we'll. It's over an hour now and I'm fed up using 3G on my phone.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:20:34
Print Post

Re: Call me impatient if you like

[re: cookie] [link to this post]

phone them - as the automatic system sometimes fails
Standard User Realalemadrid
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 14:01:16
Print Post

Here's an idea - use your landline - if you have a phone!!! 0800 432 0200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Fri 03-Jan-14 14:09:36
Print Post

PM your username to me and I'll have a look.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 15:42:11
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

thank you, but i took the first suggestion and phoned. after 30 mins listening to Radio Plusnet, i found out that the line had simply not been activated. that was done while i waited and i am now connected.

i never found out how long it usually takes to activate.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 15:56:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by cookie:
i never found out how long it usually takes to activate.

A friend of mine had his BE LLU connection switched to WBC at 8am, and Plusnet activated his account at 11pm. I think that's fairly normal for Plusnet from what I've read.

Oliver.
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 16:43:30
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

thanks

seems i was a little mislead by the engineer and the plusnet booklet.
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 18:54:10
Print Post

ps. it might have taken PN 30 mins to answer the phone, but when they did, fair play, i thought they were pretty good. couldn't have been more helpful really smile

Edited by cookie (Fri 03-Jan-14 18:55:16)

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 23:14:36
Print Post

My FTTC got activated after I posted on the PN community board asking if I'd got the login format incorrect as I'd realised it must be an auth failure preventing me using the connection.

They clearly have some issues getting setting up new customers in a timely manner. Probably growing faster than they can cope with given the CS phone delays too. I picked them as I thought they'd be better than the likes of BT,Sky, and TalkTalk without demanding a price premium and suspect others are probably thinking the same way.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 04-Jan-14 00:22:31
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

What I have picked up on is problems plusnet were having a year ago they still have today, it seems their backend issues never get fixed.

A quick google shows things that are happening today were happening a year ago on plusnet, and I am posting this in the hope it kicks plusnet into action because it seems daft to have these problems left alone adding to an already overloaded phone support.

The problems I am speaking of are.

Stuck migrations.
Accounts that are not activated plusnet side on migration/install day requiring a plusnet staff member to manually activate.
Stuck profiles. I still see now is occasional posts asking for profiles to be unstuck.

During my migration my status/tracking page was showing incorrect info for almost the entire process, I tried to get it fixed multiple times but noone seemed interested or capable in fixing it instead I was told manually what my status was.

It should be in plusnet's interest to fix these issues because (a) it hurts their reputation and (b) it creates calls to their call centre. I think I made 3 or 4 calls to provisioning which all would have been avoided without the above issues.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 04-Jan-14 00:23:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to