User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeorgeLloyd
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Jan-14 14:03:45
Print Post

The difference between a good and bad ISP

[link to this post]

One of the main differences between a good and bad ISP is how easy is it to contact them and fix things if something is not right. I do not consider a good ISP where you have to have three attempts at 45 minutes a go to get through then constantly being put on hold for the best part of 15 minute and then told you have to wait for 3 weeks for a refund.

George
plusnet smile
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Jan-14 16:04:44
Print Post

Re: The difference between a good and bad ISP

[re: GeorgeLloyd] [link to this post]

I've also heard recent mutterings about delays, apparently they are in the process of opening a new call centre in Leeds. I have to be honest and say over the years all my previous dealings with Plusnet have been prompt and satisfactory. I suspect things will sort themselves out sooner rather than later.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Jan-14 16:11:59
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

From the sound of things if they don't they'll upset enough customers for the numbers to fall to the level they are capable of supporting. Or lower.

I'm banking on not needing support in the near future. Certainly If I'd been more thorough in researching the current state of play rather than choosing which fibre ISP to go with based on past reputation I may well have looked elsewhere.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Sun 05-Jan-14 19:07:07
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Surely then the sensible thing to do would be to get that callcentre up and running before offering cheap deals to lure people onto an already overloaded network?
I would put them in the "bad" category, given their lack of ability to fix my connection.. after all they have been trying for 16 months now.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 05-Jan-14 20:10:28
Print Post

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

The network is not overloaded. The existing support centre is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to