User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 06-Jan-14 05:52:43
Print Post

cashback does it ever work?

[link to this post]

checked quidco, after the payout date falling back 4 times it now shows declined.

are these sites just a scam?

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM
Standard User DougM
(member) Mon 06-Jan-14 07:19:44
Print Post

Re: cashback does it ever work?

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I've earned over a grand since joining Quidco five years ago. I've had to occasionally raise claims due to tracking problems, and in almost all cases I've been successful (I lost out on my tumble drier cash-back when Comet went bust).

As I understand it really comes down to the individual companies, their own policies and tracking procedures. I was already a Plusnet customer before joining Quidco, so I don't have any direct experience with them.

-==-
DougM
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 06-Jan-14 07:27:18
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

so why did it say tracked for a month and then declined?

it would seem.

either it lied about the tracking.
or a manual decline was issued by plusnet or quidco.

I have raised a claim and the site is telling me they cant even process my claim, instead I have to wait a undisclosed period of time because apparently plusnet require a wait for claim's to be submitted.

this to me is a breach of contract.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Jan-14 08:35:48
Print Post

Have you seen http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1120...

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User Galoka
(newbie) Mon 06-Jan-14 09:34:15
Print Post

Yes, it does work, I've had lots of cashback via Quidco from various reatailers. Only once have I had to raise a claim, and that was resolved in my favour.

It's not lying about it tracking, but sometimes things do get declined -either correctly (for various reasons as outlined on the Quidco site) or sometimes incorrectly.Hence the claims system. Are you sure it didn't say what the minimum time is for a claim to be processed. When I had a quick look it said claims would be held for 30 days from the purchase date (which is a fairly typical time I think) Though watch the cutoff date, for claims for declined transactions which is within 45 days of being declined.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Jan-14 11:37:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
are these sites just a scam?
I've had a lot of money from both Quidco and TopCashBack (well over £1000 in total).

Tracking problems are often caused by the presence of cookies from the target site pre-dating the purchase visit. I use Chrome for normal use and IE for making cashback purchases in which event I always clear all cookies before the visit.

I've had a couple of issues which got resolved and one declined by Interflora which I don't think ever was sorted out. I actually got a payment from one site where I had started out making a purchase but didn't complete the payment for some reason or other.

CashBack sites are no scam. The only people scammed are those who don't use them for change of ISP, insurance. mobile, etc. etc. It often even pays to change just to get cashback. Although it isn't guaranteed you usually get it. I even promote TopCasBack for referral commisions on a couple of my websites and have made a few quid from those referrals.

I'm on a Quidco £100 for Plusnet and will be mightily annoyed if I don't get it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 06-Jan-14 11:43:54
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

There's also the proviso in general about making sure all cookies to do with the retailer site are deleted from your browser, (or use a clean browser wrt the retailer site), before going in through a cashback site. If it is clear to the retailer that the referral by the cashback site is not genuine, but merely a money-grab, most retailers will reject it.

Advice that many of us used routinely to give out to people using cashback sites.

In Chrysalis's case I think there may be a possibility this is the problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 06-Jan-14 11:45:03)

Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Jan-14 13:13:48
Print Post

Quidco used to be great(over £1k paid to me) but has been pants over the last 18 months or so - usually never track and always have to raise cases to get the cashback so have given up with it.

Topcashback - excellent - these are the default ones for me now a days - always worked never and issue - have done over £350 cashback from Plusnet in the last few months too using topcashback and £550 in the last year with them.

Tam