User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jan-14 14:13:07
Print Post

Here's what's happening with support

[link to this post]

Some explanation of how Plusnet are working to reduce delays in customer service -

It's true that we've been /extremely/ busy of late. Much of this is born from the fact that we've quickly outgrown our HQ in Sheffield. As you've alluded to, we've recently opened a new call centre in Leeds. The first two Support teams are now fielding live customers enquiries, we've a further 30 new staff and training and another 30 starting next week. As the new recruits complete induction training and are brought online, the wait times should improve significantly.

We're also in the process of updating the code that's responsible for the near real-time stats provided here. This will provide better visibility of the call queues/wait times at any given time.

Time will tell of course but rest assured we're working hard to improve the situation.

Best regards,
Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php/33414...
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Jan-14 14:35:46
Print Post

Re: Here's what's happening with support

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In the meantime they've scaled back on the introductory offers and cut back on the advertising so as not to exacerbate the situation by continuing to attract more new users than their support teams can handle. After all they would want to risk permanently alienating loads of users with a bad experience when they attempted to move to Plusnet.

Oh look, bacon going past the window!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 09-Jan-14 18:54:24
Print Post

no news on bringing support ticket target times down then.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Jan-14 22:40:13
Print Post

When I was with VM I never phoned their support as from reports I'd seen they were pretty useless rarely fixing anything rebooting the modem didn't cure. I used their forum and the lead time for a response was around 3-7 days but the quality of that support was in general good.

I don't know what PN phone support is like but with the reported 30min+ waits I think I'll stick with their forum too. My initial problem with getting my account activated probably took less time via the forum than I would have spent on the phone. I've seen similar turnarounds for others with the exact same problem and other issues such as stuck profiles. I can get on the forum with a connection outage courtesy of 3G.

I think phone support is mostly needed when you can't diagnose what's wrong yourself and possibly extensive tests are needed.
  Print Thread

Jump to