User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cato2
(member) Sat 18-Jan-14 20:17:22
Print Post

Plusnet order on new phone line

[link to this post]

My mother is moving house, and O2/Sky have not been very helpful - they had no capacity on O2 to move service unchanged, and the Sky order would take 2 weeks and I only have until this Fri...

So I'm looking to move to Plusnet - I have the BT phone line activation booked for Friday and I have a simultaneous provide code from BT.

Unfortunately the Plusnet sales person, though very helpful, didn't know about simultaneous provide - she is getting the home move team to call me back on Monday.

Any tips on how to get this order through as quickly as possible so that broadband starts asap, ideally on Fri or Sat?

Fix O2 routing loss with any Netgear firmware: fix-netgear tool for Windows/Linux/Mac (download page)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 18-Jan-14 20:29:09
Print Post

Re: Plusnet order on new phone line

[re: Cato2] [link to this post]

I suggest you post the same in the Community Broadband forum and also try ringing a couple more times today and tomorrow to see if you get an "agent" who knows what you are talking about. They have a lot of newbies in support and it's not a common subject.

One of the Digital Care Team may see it there, or here, but they are basically Mon-Fri unfortunately.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 18-Jan-14 20:29:38)

Standard User Cato2
(member) Sun 19-Jan-14 07:34:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, will try that.

I'm not sure if the simultaneous provide will really help, given that this Plusnet forum page on home moves says such orders take 2 weeks, but will see what I get from the home move team: http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/05/28/house-move...

Fix O2 routing loss with any Netgear firmware: fix-netgear tool for Windows/Linux/Mac (download page)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cato2
(member) Sun 19-Jan-14 07:36:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Turns out I can't post on that Plusnet forum as only users who are currently connected to a Plusnet connection can register... a bit short sighted given that new customers might want to ask questions before their connection is live.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jan-14 10:51:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Cato2:
Turns out I can't post on that Plusnet forum as only users who are currently connected to a Plusnet connection can register... a bit short sighted given that new customers might want to ask questions before their connection is live.
You can post without a PlusNet connection but you do need to use you PlusNet userid which you are given when you order.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Jan-14 12:54:34
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
You can post without a PlusNet connection but you do need to use you PlusNet userid which you are given when you order.

???

I can post to it & I've NEVER used a PN issued User-ID!

Regards,
John
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Jan-14 12:55:44
Print Post

will see what I get from the home move team
This isn't an ISP home move as such, which covers moving the same ISP service from 1 landline to another. Here you are asking for a new ISP service at a location that you just happen to be moving to.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jan-14 16:50:18
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

From the day the new Community forums were launched it has not been possible to register without giving your Plusnet user name as part of the registration process.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jan-14 22:06:11
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by johnjburness:
In reply to a post by MCM:

???

I can post to it & I've NEVER used a PN issued User-ID!
Fair enough, I know I had to register using my PN ID when, as a new customer whose connection had not been activated, I needed to make a post just before Christmas.

Nevertheless the OP is incorrect in thinking that only those with a PN connection can post.
  Print Thread

Jump to