User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fenlandbroadband
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jan-14 19:09:57
Print Post

Returning to PlusNet

[link to this post]

Hello!

Another former PlusNet customer making a return after being on BE for a number of years but not being offered anything near to what I need from the Sky switch. Hopefully the PlusNet Unlimited Business Broadband with Annex M will match what BE have been providing, and if the Openreach Superfast rollout checker can be believed the local exchange is due to go live with fibre in June (it updated to say that last night!) but I'm on an EO line so it could still be a distant dream until they announce plans for non-cabinet based users...

Nice to see Tam also recently returned - it's amazing how many old names I remember both on this forum and the PN portal forum who appear to be returning (or never left!)

Simon

| Be* (and previously ZeN Dec 2006-Jan 2009, plusnet Aug 2004-Dec 2006, ZeN Apr 2003-Aug 2004)
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jan-14 21:36:11
Print Post

Re: Returning to PlusNet

[re: fenlandbroadband] [link to this post]

Hi !
* Waves at fenland

Been a long time - surprised I'm back but the unlimited with no traffic shaping in effect (ok its silver - but silver always has full line speed bandwidth) meant so far - with the exception of a blip the other day which i think we can put down to a dodgy profile applied to my account - its good.

Already moved some other accounts back over - Que £500+ in topcashback monies smile

Tam

Powered By PlusNet (again!) FTTC @ 78Mpbs smile
Standard User ehnonymouse
(member) Sun 02-Feb-14 09:53:07
Print Post

[re: fenlandbroadband] [link to this post]

I was originally (10 years? ago) on their "unlimited package, which Plusnet unilaterally decided they would not honour. Then on the new restricted package we were traffic shaped into an unusable service, so I left and went to Zen. Happy days.

Personally I don't believe a single word in the Plusnet adverts, and a promise of 10 years free unlimited fibre broadband wouldn't persuade me to go back to them.

ZeN 20Mb

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fenlandbroadband
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Feb-14 14:48:51
Print Post

[re: ehnonymouse] [link to this post]

Yes I was also with Plusnet during the days of "unlimited" which they then changed their mind on, even to the point of saying there was no such thing as unlimited - effectively saying that any ISP offering such a service was misleading people. Interesting to Google that and see what was said back at the time...

I think the entire industry has moved on since then and it seems unlimited is now something businesses are more able to offer and understand the reasons why it is a key feature of their service in a competitive marketplace. There are certainly a lot of ISPs not offering unlimited and not being cheaply priced, so there is choice for everyone depending on what you need. I'm on a £34.80/month package with Plusnet just for broadband, so certainly not in their budget £2.50/month range of users. I notice you are with Zen, and I too would have gone back to them but they don't support Annex M so it didn't meet my needs - Plusnet does seem to meet my needs, and so far I'm very happy with my connection - it seems even faster than BE, which does seem to have gone downhill gradually since Sky announced their takeover.

| Be* (and previously ZeN Dec 2006-Jan 2009, plusnet Aug 2004-Dec 2006, ZeN Apr 2003-Aug 2004)
  Print Thread

Jump to