User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User anto135
(newbie) Sat 25-Jan-14 15:19:31
Print Post

planet fibre activation date

[link to this post]

Hi, I've ordered plusnet fibre and set my activation date, just wondering if this is the date I'll actually be able to use my new connection from.
Also I'm currently on standard roadband with a different company, I ordered my fibre yesterday but I'm cancelling my current provider today, am I likely to encounter any problems because of this?
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Jan-14 15:23:33
Print Post

Re: planet fibre activation date

[re: anto135] [link to this post]

Don't cancel otherwise you could find yourself without broadband
Who is your phone with

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 25-Jan-14 15:23:55)

Standard User anto135
(newbie) Sat 25-Jan-14 15:38:48
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Currently with Tesco changing because the speed is terrible.
Just to note, I rang and they told me there should be no problems for my new provider swapping over but I would still be able to use their connection until the 30th if I so wished.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 25-Jan-14 15:39:23
Print Post

The activation date you chose seems to be issued as a list periodically by Openreach and isn't updated in real time when that slot is taken by someone else, perhaps on a different ISP.

The "confirmed date" you should get very soon is the one to go by, but as Oldjim said, don't cancel your existing service at this stage.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Jan-14 15:43:15
Print Post

Be very very careful
When you say cancel the broadband - what about the phone as Plusnet won't move the phone until 10 working days after the broadband.
If you have cancelled the phone and the transfer doesn't happen by that date Tesco will put a cease on the line and you will lose everything
25.3 If you end your Contract with us, your use of the Services will end either when you move to a new service provider or, if you are not moving to another service provider, usually within five or six working days of your request to end your Contract. If it is going to take more than five or six working days, for example, if there is a technical or engineering problem, we will notify you of the delay. Both of us must continue to comply with the terms of this Contract (in particular, payment of Charges) until we stop providing the Services to you.

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 25-Jan-14 15:47:09)

Standard User anto135
(newbie) Sat 25-Jan-14 16:27:34
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Thanks for the help and advice guys.
  Print Thread

Jump to