User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tdw42
(newbie) Tue 04-Feb-14 22:34:12
Print Post

Simultaneous Provide

[link to this post]

Ordered unlimited broadband (ADSL as FTTC cab full and no date for expansion) and a new phone line via call centre to try and get a simultaneous provide.

The operator knew nothing about it but checked with his supervisor who said this was only available on line takeover rather than a new line install as line tests were run before the broadband was connected - this seems odd, is it true or is the truth being stretched here...
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Feb-14 22:51:36
Print Post

Re: Simultaneous Provide

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

in the last just over two years I've done two home moves in to properties where there was a physical BT line but with no service active. In both cases simultaneous provide was done and worked on time.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Feb-14 08:16:16
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I presume you provided some form of lead time on the broadband side of things...ie: 5 to 7 days?

Line restarts themselves can happen within 20 mins or so, but broadband will take x working days to complete. I therefore presume, in your cases, the phone line restart was held up, inline with the broadband date?

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Feb-14 10:01:23
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Ordered over two weeks in advance on both occasions.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Feb-14 00:11:42
Print Post

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tdw42:
Ordered unlimited broadband (ADSL as FTTC cab full and no date for expansion) and a new phone line via call centre to try and get a simultaneous provide.

The operator knew nothing about it but checked with his supervisor who said this was only available on line takeover rather than a new line install as line tests were run before the broadband was connected - this seems odd, is it true or is the truth being stretched here...

Advisor was talking rubbish (PN really do need to train them better) - you can do a simultaneous provide on a new line, no problem, I usually order via the web-site then raise a ticket and ask them to amend to a simultaneous provide.

Tam