User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Feb-14 22:43:55
Print Post

Plusnet is excellent isp

[link to this post]

Since my ADSL (up to 8Mbps) and then ADSL2+ (up to 16Mbps) and now with my FTTC (80/20) I am very happy overall with their service with excellent over the last 4 years with them. I cannot fault Plusnet. Superb customer support on the forum with quick reply. Thanks Plusnet for best broadband internet service provider. I am glad I ain't migration away since 4 years ago. wink

By the way I had done ISPA Awards 2014 Broadband Speed Test http://postimg.org/image/fw6z18ilf/

plusnetFTTC72/17 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 26-Feb-14 22:44:59)

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Feb-14 10:35:53
Print Post

Re: Plusnet is excellent isp

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Good to hear. I used to be with Plusnet but it was a long time ago when they were going through some troubles. Relatives were with them until fairly recently when they moved to get BT Sport (before Plusnet started offering it themselves).

I generally found Plusnet to be good and they have some great features and may well move back to them again one day.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:20:36
Print Post

Just a shame they don't give you the option of a pure, unthrottled, unadulterated connection ala TalkTalk, Sky, Zen etc and let the customer decide for themselves if they want to prioritise certain types of traffic or not...many decent routers let you do this. Plusnet? No thanks smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 5S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:22:58
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

TalkTalk. No way. No thanks. Worst customer service ever!

plusnetFTTC72/17 Meg
(experienced) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:32:02
Print Post

Better to have an unthrottled connection rather than a heavily managed one irrespective of customer service wink

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 5S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User mattewan
(regular) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:45:14
Print Post

I have been with plusnet for about 5 years now as a business customer.

We have moved premises twice and each move went quite well.

At the moment I am on ADSL2+ with an 8 IP block and Annex M and the service is solid. I can now get fibre in the area I am in but I'm debating on moving to it just because everything is fine as it is.

They have been very helpful over the years.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:53:34
Print Post

Our Unlimited product has no rate limits in place so it's certainly not throttled or heavily managed.

There is traffic management in place to prioritise non-time sensitive traffic below real time applications, but this will only slow them down if you're saturating your line with a high priority traffic.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Edited by chrisparr (Thu 27-Feb-14 11:54:42)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:55:20
Print Post

An unthrottled connection that has highly contended backhaul is much worse than a connection that has time critical data prioritised over non-time critical.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 12:09:21
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

For some people like myself it's black and white, the connection is either traffic managed or it isn't. Plusnet, unlike the "big three" is traffic managed and no amount of reading "It's Unlimited! Why is it still traffic managed?" will convince me to favour traffic management over no traffic management. I don't want each type of my internet traffic named after metals and I suspect I'm not alone.

This isn't an invitation for discussion by the way, since we all know it's been discussed to death and everyone has made up their own minds on the isssue.

Oliver.
(experienced) Thu 27-Feb-14 12:14:38
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
There is traffic management in place to prioritise non-time sensitive traffic below real time applications, but this will only slow them down if you're saturating your line with a high priority traffic.

But what about giving your customers a choice on whether they want this throttling/traffic management/whatever-you-want-to-call-it enabled on their line or not? Surely its wrong to have a 'one size fits all' approach? What if one of your customers wants P2P downloads given a higher priority over Netflix streaming?

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 5S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to