User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jaowon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Mar-14 10:46:38
Print Post

Office 365

[link to this post]

Hi

Any Plusnet reps about that can take a look at ticket 81990719

I tried last week to configure my DNS for Office 365. I failed. I'm either a numpty or something is wrong with the DNS because the changes I made I couldn't see replicate. I raised a ticket on Friday, but it hasn't been read yet.

Cheers
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Mar-14 18:02:53
Print Post

Re: Office 365

[re: Jaowon] [link to this post]

Why on earth does Office 365 need special DNS configuration? It's just another website.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Mar-14 18:47:28
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Something to do with this, perhaps?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/office365-suite-he...

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 70000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Mar-14 14:14:17
Print Post

[re: Jaowon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaowon:
Hi

Any Plusnet reps about that can take a look at ticket 81990719

I tried last week to configure my DNS for Office 365. I failed. I'm either a numpty or something is wrong with the DNS because the changes I made I couldn't see replicate. I raised a ticket on Friday, but it hasn't been read yet.

Cheers

You're not the only one... perhaps plusnet's DNS system can't cope with funky type of record required. I really dislike using MX records for verification because no matter how you look at it adding an MX record is a thousand times more risky than adding a TXT record.

I am going to try and phone support this afternoon to see if it can be resolved, if not, I'll have to move to another provider.

Zen 8000 Pro

Edited by Pipexer (Sat 08-Mar-14 14:28:55)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Mar-14 14:15:38
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Why on earth does Office 365 need special DNS configuration? It's just another website.

It doesn't, it just requires either an additional TXT or MS record to be added, to stop Joe hacker from creating an Office365 Exchange Online service for a domain they don't own?

Zen 8000 Pro

Edited by Pipexer (Sat 08-Mar-14 14:17:15)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Mar-14 14:21:20
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

The policy used to be that this sort of thing was the users problem. I hope that's still the case. I mean where does it end?

Plusnet's remit is to provide a working internet connection and assist in the basic services they provide as part of your subscription. Beyond that it's nothing to do with them.

I used to get some silly calls from people, things like " I can't get my digital photo frame to connect"

I recall a common phrase that many an agent used when off the phone (or even on it with their mute on) was RTFM!!.. (if you google it the first link to wiki will explain all)
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Mar-14 14:24:46
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

What you mean so if I login to plus.net's DNS management panel and add a record and it doesn't actually put that record into their DNS servers then it is my problem? crazy

Zen 8000 Pro
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Mar-14 15:03:35
Print Post

No that's not your problem, I was under the impression he OP was putting the plusnet DNS into their office 365 system and that it was not taking it.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Mar-14 15:09:35
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Just a misunderstanding smile

Zen 8000 Pro
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Mar-14 15:21:10
Print Post

Still a valid point as an insight as to what a lot of agents get lot of the time. But yes in this case it was - my apologies smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to