User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Mar-14 16:25:48
Print Post

Plusnet for phone & FTTC - Quick Feedback Needed?

[link to this post]

After some really quick feedback if possible folks.

Currently have 2 phone lines coming into the house - both BT lines, one with Sky ADSL. Clearly this isn't very cost effective.

It would appear that we can move the line with no broadband to Plusnet line rental (12 months advance) with Anytime calls and go with unlimited fibre which is discounted for 9 months to £12.50.

Day one would cost around £150 as it includes the router and the first months broadband. Ongoing monthly for the first 9 months would be £18.50 presumably going up to £25.50 after 9 months.

What have I missed?

Plusnet seem to have a decent reputation these days (I remember the "good old days" when they were a little "creative" on what things like unlimited meant) and through here and their own forums they seem to have somewhere that I could at least go and whinge should there be a problem - something that Sky don't have smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 09-Mar-14 18:34:30
Print Post

Re: Plusnet for phone & FTTC - Quick Feedback Needed?

[re: hutchingsp] [link to this post]

Are you intending to cancel the Sky broadband and line?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Mar-14 18:37:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you intending to cancel the Sky broadband and line?

That was the plan, but when I called Sky to confirm their cancellation process they offered me 12 months free line rental if I took Fibre Unlimited @ £20/month.

That's quite an enticing offer tbh.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 09-Mar-14 20:23:58
Print Post

So you aren't going to move now?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Mar-14 20:26:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So you aren't going to move now?

Sky will keep the offer open for "a couple of days" so I'd like to have decided by tomorrow evening.
Standard User georgelnx
(newbie) Mon 10-Mar-14 09:10:38
Print Post

As a Plusnet subscriber, they are currently experiencing growing pains due to the massive advertising campaign that is being ran. There has been this month a DNS meltdown which lasted 2 days for some people and the support switchboard stopped working under the weight of calls when the DNS system went wrong. (and that was during the daytime too). If you have a problem at night /weekend call times to support can be excessive.

I wont touch Sky with a barge pole though, so I'm staying with Plusnet for now. Personal opinion folks as Sky customer service was so bad that I had to leave them and would never go back. At least Plusnet staff try to help.

If you are looking to save money then pick the cheapest, just check how long you are tied into them for and that you are happy to be tied into them for that long.
  Print Thread

Jump to