User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Thu 20-Mar-14 10:55:33
Print Post

Fibre being installed?

[link to this post]

I'm probably getting my hopes up a bit but over the past few days, there have been a number of Kelly Communications vans doing work around town alongside Openreach. It is my understanding that Kelly's are contractors that install Fibre on behalf of Openreach. Is that correct?

Is there a chance that this is what they are doing or do they do general telecoms work for BT?

My town (Tenby) has been earmarked for fibre via the Superfast Wales scheme but hasn't got a rollout date like some other towns around here have.

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Mar-14 11:13:23
Print Post

Re: Fibre being installed?

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Kelly work for various other firms too, and it may just be repair work to the existing copper network.

Does http://www.roadworks.org show anything happening.

All that said it is not unusual for no announcements to be made until the build is well underway in an area, the logic of a civil service.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Thu 20-Mar-14 11:21:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Doesn't show anything - it it just for England? As it didn't seem to show anything for Wales at all!

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:17:46
Print Post

Not sure on its status for Wales.

It does rely on councils providing the data, so that may be the issue. Most council websites have a planning/roadworks section of their own that might have some snippets

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:45:54
Print Post

Hi WelshWArrior,

Approaching the engineers and asking them about it is usually the best thing to do if you can.

Fingers crossed for you.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to