User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Apr-14 09:54:25
Print Post

Awful buiness support - Ticket 83566372

[link to this post]

Seriously - why offer business support when you try to be as unhelpful as possible over doing anything ??

Sure you answer the phones quickly unlike residential - but I may as well talk to a brick than an operator......

Background:
Sky move forward a DSL line change from BE to their sky service so instead of it being in 3 months time it is now this Thursday.... (!) thanks for the notice sky!

Therefore before Thursday there is a need to move a load of services that are hosted on multiple IPs on the BE line to a different line, they have several Plusnet lines installed for other uses which can be used but I need 4 IP's not the 2 it currently has assigned to it.

So raise a ticket to request multiple IP's that re-directs to the usertools site to fill out ripe forms (the instructions on this are incorrect by the way...)

Fill out the form, list the equipment etc.

Submit the form,

Wait ............ call them to chase.... told I have to wait for networks to deal with it ..... wait .....

Networks come back saying I've missed part of the form as I have not listed the router in the equipment section but I have in the network description part ... so form cancelled and I need to re-sumbit from scratch again ..I

Call business support - ask them to add one line to the ticket to include the router - NOPE.... must do all over again. Explain that on the road in the car and dont have access to a computer to re-do all the from (this post is typed from a phone) so I cannot do this and its really urgent and could they just add one line - nope must do again .... no I really really need you to do this please ... "nope fill in the entire form again....

Well thanks for noting PlusNet ..... what is the point of business support if they cannot type one text line onto a ticket....

From a user perspective that's the difference from being "happy" with support to thinking what a bunch of ****** plusnet customer service is ..

I just need it sorting ... I don't have the time to mess around like this..

Moral - if you want a business class ISP - go for a business ISP .. PlusNet isn't business class...

Ah well hopefully this customer will move away from them one day (although think they only signed up recently)

Tam

Powered By PlusNet (again!) FTTC @ 78Mpbs smile
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Apr-14 13:16:41
Print Post

Re: Awful buiness support - Ticket 83566372

[re: Tam] [link to this post]

For the amount of money charged your expectations are probably too high. When charging £35 a month for a business line on FTTC 76Mb you shouldn't be surprised that there isn't first class support. However, they may be good value for money to the company and I am sure it wouldn't have been an issue if Sky/BE hadn't changed dates - perhaps they should have moved over earlier as the move from Be to Sky has been known about for quite some time.

I understand your frustration but think you are taking it out on the wrong people. Blame the people who bought a bargain basement business Internet connection or blame Sky for moving the goalposts.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Apr-14 13:24:33
Print Post

Frustrating, I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if Plusnet support have no access to edit the RIPE form. Merely pass it back and forth between you and RIPE.

Also, if the Plusnet (or RIPE?) instructions are wrong, do you really want them sticking their oar in?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 01-Apr-14 13:24:58)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Apr-14 13:25:57
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
When charging £35 a month for a business line on FTTC 76Mb you shouldn't be surprised that there isn't first class support.

Our UK-based 24/7 Business Support Team take pride in delivering superb levels of support. That's why we make it easy for you to contact us over the phone or online, when you need to. From the moment you talk to our skilled team you'll feel valued and confident that we'll quickly and simply answer your query, or fix your problem.

Oliver.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 01-Apr-14 13:47:09
Print Post

If they could fill in the form themselves, they wouldn't need your input. Obviously.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Apr-14 13:50:19
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

There is a difference between marketing and what you actually are likely to get. The bottom line is they do not charge enough to cover a premium support service.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Apr-14 14:14:12
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
There is a difference between marketing and what you actually are likely to get. The bottom line is they do not charge enough to cover a premium support service.

Well, that's a shame. If they need to charge more to deliver what they promise, then maybe they should. Either that, or change their promises.

Oliver.
ISP Representative chrispettitt
(isp) Tue 01-Apr-14 16:24:28
Print Post

Hi,

I'm just taking a look into this with the Business Team now. I'll report back once I've had this looked at for you.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Chris Pettitt
Plusnet Customer Support
Digital Care
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative chrispettitt
(isp) Tue 01-Apr-14 16:51:40
Print Post

I've just had a chat with our Business Team.

The RIPE Form is a legal document which we would have to provide to RIPE would they request it.

Unfortunately we aren't able to make any changes to RIPE Forms via a phone request, any adjustments would need to be provided by either requesting this by adding a comment to your ticket asking us to change this or you can resubmit the RIPE Form.

We really just need everything documenting on a ticket at the very least for us to make changes on your behalf.

What we could have done better, is to explain why we were unable to help you over the phone in this instance and what the best way was for you to get things moving as quickly as possible. I'm going to get this fed back so that we can be more effective in future.

Chris Pettitt
Plusnet Customer Support
Digital Care
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 02-Apr-14 10:08:50
Print Post

[re: chrispettitt] [link to this post]

Just to clarify a bit here. If requested by RIPE we need to be able to provide the RIPE form to them, therefore if it's incorrect then we shouldn't have supplied the IP addresses.

The Business team leaders are aware of this thread and the problems you had getting the RIPE form updated so they may look to make changes to this but no promises on that.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to