User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User henrypym
(newbie) Tue 08-Apr-14 10:02:47
Print Post

Adsl24 LLU to Plusnet

[link to this post]

Another disgruntled ADSL24 user looking to migrate to Plusnet. Apparently no mac code is required for LLU transfer - do I need to do anything about the phone line or do Plusnet handle everything ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Apr-14 10:10:11
Print Post

Re: Adsl24 LLU to Plusnet

[re: henrypym] [link to this post]

If the phone is LLU as well, then it needs an eye keeping on it by one of the Digital Care Team, that's the official title for the Plusnet reps that post here. I expect one will pick up this thread some time today, maybe tomorrow.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Apr-14 07:51:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
If the phone is LLU as well, then it needs an eye keeping on it by one of the Digital Care Team, that's the official title for the Plusnet reps that post here. I expect one will pick up this thread some time today, maybe tomorrow.

Or not!

I have put a request on the main PN forum, see here

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime

Edited by reserved (Thu 10-Apr-14 07:55:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrispettitt
(isp) Thu 10-Apr-14 09:06:35
Print Post

That's correct.

Do you have a Ticket Reference or an account username you can PM me so I can keep an eye on this for you?

Chris Pettitt
Plusnet Customer Support
Digital Care
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User henrypym
(newbie) Thu 10-Apr-14 11:56:43
Print Post

[re: chrispettitt] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. I haven't done anything at all yet - just gathering info first - but I will PM once I've started the ball rolling
Standard User henrypym
(newbie) Mon 14-Apr-14 09:08:25
Print Post

[re: chrispettitt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrispettitt:
That's correct.

Do you have a Ticket Reference or an account username you can PM me so I can keep an eye on this for you?

PM sent
Standard User henrypym
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 17:52:44
Print Post

Installation went ok last Friday - or so I thought. Phone line working ok before the engineer's visit but haven't been able to make any calls since - can received calls mind - strange.

Tried (various phones ) plugging direct into the master socket and still the same - plusnet say its not them so maybe a problem at the box ?

Engineer to come out on Wednesday to have a look - might have to pay if its our fault (how could it be)

Happy with broadband so far though.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-May-14 19:22:17
Print Post

Tried (various phones ) plugging direct into the master socket and still the same - plusnet say its not them so maybe a problem at the box ?

If your master socket is of the type that has a TEST socket have you tried that too?
http://www.exbtengineers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011...

You need to unscrew and remove gently the bottom half of the master socket to get access to the TEST socket, then you can plug your corded phone into it and try to phone out.

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Mon 05-May-14 19:23:07)

Standard User henrypym
(newbie) Tue 06-May-14 09:00:12
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:

If your master socket is of the type that has a TEST socket have you tried that too?
http://www.exbtengineers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011...

You need to unscrew and remove gently the bottom half of the master socket to get access to the TEST socket, then you can plug your corded phone into it and try to phone out.

That's it - plugged the phone directly into that socket and it works. The wiring looks ok so maybe a faulty faceplate.

Thanks

Edited by henrypym (Tue 06-May-14 09:35:22)

Print Thread

Jump to