User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Apr-14 01:56:39
Print Post

PlusNet and FTTP

[link to this post]

The BT FTTP trials finished a while ago and PlusNet were one of the ISP's taking part

BT launched retail FTTP products quite a few months ago

I was previously told PlusNet may launch this year

I was wondering if anyone knows what the current situation is, particularly any former FTTP trialists who stayed with PlusNet on FTTP after the trial ended

I've been migrated from BE to Sky, am extremely unhappy, but locked into the phone contract I want to cancel with BT until November. I cannot afford to buy out of the contract (unless BT spread costs monthly and they won't)

I'm really want to ditch Sky ASAP

I've also had enough of BT customer service, so exploring options

I'm on BT Fibre Home Phone also and keen to keep the phone on fibre as going back to copper would be a step too far backwards

Be* Unlimited
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 24-Apr-14 12:04:10
Print Post

Re: PlusNet and FTTP

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

I've posted in the Community forum asking for a Digital Care rep to pop over here smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User indigobanana
(learned) Thu 24-Apr-14 12:08:17
Print Post

As far as I'm aware the PlusNet FTTP trials are ongoing (But using the same speeds as the FTTC packages) - however one of the PlusNet reps can hopefully confirm that.

My Broadband Speed Test

Now with PlusNet!

20CN ADSL Max frown
I live in hope...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(newbie) Thu 24-Apr-14 12:20:22
Print Post

Hi as a Plusnet FTTP user, I can say that the product is still a trial product with no sign of the trial ending soon.

People are still being accepted onto the trial.

Plusnet do not offer phone over fttp and require as part of the T&C's that you have an active BT phone line although you do not have to use Plusnet as your phone provider. So any provider who uses BT Wholesale for the phone line.

And the speed and service offered are the same as the Plusnet FTTC options.

Edited by georgelnx (Thu 24-Apr-14 12:22:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 24-Apr-14 14:06:45
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

I wonder if it would be possible, (if acceptable to the OP), to keep the fibre phone with BT Retail whilst migrating the FTTP.

Or of course, maybe Plusnet would like an established FTTP+phone user as a traillist of the bundled products. They must be far enough down the path with pure FTTP by now, and they do have a VOIP product.

Edit - strikeout as irrelevant.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 24-Apr-14 14:41:41)

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Thu 24-Apr-14 14:20:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Looking at this http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-... I am not too sure if Plusnet would be able to offer FVA. It looks totally different to WLR.
ISP Representative LinnPlusnet
(isp) Thu 24-Apr-14 14:37:03
Print Post

Hi there nredwood!

I'd need a few more details to know how to best advise here.

Are you currently on FTTP?

We are still taking on customers on our current FTTP trial however we would need more details regarding your current connection and preferably your address/phone details so that I can pass this to our FTTP team!

Feel free to send me a message with these details and I can pass them on and let you know!

Linn Karstrom
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 24-Apr-14 14:40:20
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Looking further, with google, it seems to me that as soon as it gets to the exchange, for BTW-based providers it will go into the BT Wholesale normal system, as per POTS, not VOIP, so my previous post about that was rubbish. Via the GEA link at the exchange to the BTW MSAN.

In which case I can't see any technical reason why Plusnet can't offer it.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 24-Apr-14 14:44:20)

Standard User bdo21
(learned) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:27:41
Print Post

Just to clarify, are you referring to FTTP like BT has rolled out in Cornwall and a few other locations or FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand)? If the answer is the latter, then the cost is likely to be prohibitive, particularly given the implication of your original post about the six months left on your phone contract. It also seems very difficult to actually action an FTTPoD installation request...
Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:40:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think there will be a technical reason within PN why they can't offer it - most likely something along the lines that their internal systems (billing) won't support it. Be interested to know what comes of it all though.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to