User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zAndy1
(member) Fri 09-May-14 15:15:09
Print Post

Switched to Plusnet fibre today from TalkTalk

[link to this post]

And you know what, things couldn't have gone more smoothly smile Received the router within a couple of days of placing the order, was kept up to date with emails all through the process. Engineer turned up on time , everything up and running and we even kept our number (keeps me in the wife's good books, she hates it when we have to change number). Just wanted to say thanks to anyone from PlusNet that might be reading this, so far so good

Andy
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Fri 09-May-14 15:22:10
Print Post

Re: Switched to Plusnet fibre today from TalkTalk

[re: zAndy1] [link to this post]

Great, thanks a lot Andy!

You'll find that myself or a colleague from Plusnet will be keeping a forum presense mon-fri but do feel free to drop me a PM if any issues crop up (hoping not!)

Adam

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-May-14 15:46:36
Print Post

Good to see for people who have ordered it also smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zAndy1
(member) Fri 09-May-14 17:11:12
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

The only thing I'm not sure about is when I do a speedtest it's saying around 38Mbps, I'm wondering if I'm on the lower profile as my speed estimate was 72Mbps but it is early days so perhaps it might increase but it does seem a bit of a coincidence. I am doing the speedtest on a PC upstairs though that's connected via homeplugs but they are reporting a sync speed of 120Mbps but I know actual throughput can be a lot less. I'll try connecting something to the router directly later and doing a speedtest that way and see what that says

Andy
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-May-14 17:37:54
Print Post

with the BT speedtest using Further Diagnostics what are the IP profiles
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-May-14 17:44:25
Print Post

If you run the BT Performance Test, (ignore all the red instructions, just say Yes), and continue to the Further Diagnostics from the first results page, it gives you your down and up IP Profiles.

The up will be 10 or 20, and that tells you which service you are on.

The down x 1.033 gives you your approximate connection speed.

Note the IP Profile then check your Current line speed in your Member Centre >> Connection details. It should be a fraction below the IP Profile. If it is well below, then give us the two figures smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-May-14 17:45:23
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Took me a long time typing mine Jim smile. You must have posted just as I started.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to