User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-May-14 10:52:15
Print Post

Next year's "alert" letters

[link to this post]

Will Plus.Net be joining the initial consortium of BT et al, to start sending "alert" messages next year after the talks between the music/film oligarchs and the ISP industry have all but concluded ?

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-May-14 15:58:31
Print Post

Re: Next year's "alert" letters

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I don't see the point if what I read was true... That after the 4th letter nothing happens,

It will be just like virgin used to do with usage letters. Pointless and straight in the junk mail box.

Otherwise I think it's a good idea.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-May-14 16:40:27
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I'm sure those who partake in those activities that these so called alert letters will be regarding , will desist and stop doing it like good little drones , More like start to use a VPN's or seed boxes or other means of obfuscating their real IP address from torrent trackers and the copy right trolls like Bendover ACSlaw ECT ( that lurk within some torrent swarms, harvesting IP addresses , So they can get personal details of the account holder's and start their speculative invoicing scams

As for if Plusnet will follow what it's bretheren company does , I would i think will maybe depend on what they want plusnet to do , A bit like the web blocking of TPB which apparently uses the same filtering as BT retail to block it, Although plusnet are reportedly working on their own web blocking solution which they plan to implement later in the year accoring to what public info is available on the WWW

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 11-May-14 17:59:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(regular) Sun 11-May-14 17:01:12
Print Post

Re: Next year's "alert" letters *DELETED*

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-May-14 19:08:23
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Well people forget it's a civil matter not a criminal one. so no police will beat your door down at 6am..

And letters can be shredded.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-May-14 21:17:23
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Or filed under the letter B for Bin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 11-May-14 22:14:25
Print Post

Re: Next year's "alert" letters *DELETED*

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

The use of the odd character suggests you knew the word that got your post removed could be contentious and so the whole post is deleted.

This is not to say you are not allowed to voice your opinion on the letter scheme, just keep the language civil

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-May-14 09:51:13
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out...

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 12-May-14 10:02:10
Print Post

casual users may well stop, a letter will scare them and connect the virtual world of the internet to real life as they see it. Or it may alert parents who are not doing it but their kids are,

Of course heavy and internet affluent users will probably ignore them and carry on.

(knowledge is power) Mon 12-May-14 13:17:43
Print Post

I just don't see the point. If (as the BBC man said it would be) it's 4 letters and then nothing why bother sending out the 4?

Yes people (me included) use seedboxes. I would happily stop if they would give me a legal way to get what I want. I like to follow the wrestling, some think it's sad but I don't care. I can't get the WWE network here yet and also sky is expensive so I get it via torrents. If they gave me the option I would just get wwe network for ppv's but even then they don't show the week programs so I would still have to use it until they do.

This is why I like private trackers. nice to use and good quality clean files. Yes it's copyright infringement but I have no other legal option to get it as I said - providing one would stop me for sure.After all the prices of the legal routes are not the issue unlike the price of most games/films/music these days.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Mon 12-May-14 13:20:02)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to