User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 07:49:11
Print Post

Router Delivery..

[link to this post]

I might not hear the postman. how long before install does the Techicolour router arrive? ( is that right?

If I miss him am I right in assuming the engineer will fit a HG612 and then I can attach my TP-Link access point to it? Or does it just fit through the letter box?

From memory the Thomsons did but I am not sure about this one..

Thanks
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 08:33:49
Print Post

Re: Router Delivery..

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

You'll need more than an access point as what you connect has to do the PPPoE authentication.

If you have a good size letter box the router may drop through.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-May-14 09:42:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
is that right?
I couldn't possibly comment. wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 10:17:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

So dont.
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 10:18:41
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

I was assuming the engineer would install the Openreach modem and then connect it to whatever PN provide? and so if I was to replace that with my AP it would work?

I will have to keep an eye out for the postman over the next few days. If I miss it it's not that much of a problem the sorting office is just down the road next to the NGA

Is it usually a few days before? The post had been today and there are a few days before install.

Cheers
Standard User think26872
(committed) Wed 21-May-14 10:22:44
Print Post

I would give them a call and tell them the router has not arrived and your install date is close. They should know when it was despatched so if it has been lost in post they can get another to you. They send it 1st class so after despatch you should get it next day.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-May-14 10:59:20
Print Post

Plusnet is not a "Managed install". The engineer is not required to install the user's router, merely check the modem connection to the cabinet.

As the connection of the Technicolor router to the Plusnet routers using TR-069 is expected to take 15 minutes, the engineer isn't likely to hang around.

There's nothing to stop you using your own at "Minute 1". Test the PN one some other time, after a few days running, if you do, so you know you have a working standby if yours fails later.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 21-May-14 11:00:04)

ISP Representative LinnPlusnet
(isp) Wed 21-May-14 11:39:13
Print Post

Hi pcoventry76,

You should receive the router a couple days prior to the install date. The router package is designed to fit through a standard sized letter box. If you want to send me a private message with your username I can take a look at that for you though?

Regards,

Linn Karstrom
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 12:13:49
Print Post

[re: LinnPlusnet] [link to this post]

Cheers Linn, I''ve done that now for you.
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-May-14 12:18:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, thats what I was trying to say.

Good to hear it's still TR-069 on the network. I remember the day we beat trialled that. Luckily for me it used to fail all the time so putting the @plusdsl.net stuff in was done many thousands of times a month. So doing it again will be no problem.

Yes I will set mine up first and see how it does (which I know will be fine) and to keep the Technicolour as a backup like you also suggest
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to