User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 22:34:32
Print Post

Order Monday, still on "checking line" status?

[link to this post]

Ordered on Monday night, got a thanks letter today with info in, but website shows checking line for over 24 hours, is that normal or should I call up?

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6, Now 52/9, Sync @ 55 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
19/5/2014 - just ordered PlusNet Unlimited Fibre - awaiting activation date
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cablemodem trialist) - Router: Asus RT-AC68U (merlin) - Modem: HG612 unlocked Typical BT speedtest
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 23-May-14 00:40:39
Print Post

Re: Order Monday, still on "checking line" status?

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

That sort of thing happened with me. A few things on the list didn't get ticked, but others clearly dependent on them did.

So you don't need to call up, but I did and think you should. The wait on the phone will be less stressful than the worrying.

First line support will probably not be able to answer, unless they have been briefed on it as a known bug. The provisioning team they may need to ask I think are Mon-Fri, office hours.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-May-14 08:02:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So you don't need to call up, but I did and think you should. The wait on the phone will be less stressful than the worrying.

Not worried, but I can call from work at lunch - thanks smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6, Now 52/9, Sync @ 55 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cablemodem trialist) - Router: Asus RT-AC68U (merlin) - Modem: HG612 unlocked Typical BT speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-May-14 08:25:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by jchamier:
Ordered on Monday night, got a thanks letter today with info in, but website shows checking line for over 24 hours, is that normal or should I call up?

I would call them mate. I had to I ordered and was stuck in pre signup for 3 days so I lost all my chosen dates and it's been a longer wait.

I don't have any of the checking stuff on the website I just have a single page telling me when it will be installed. mind you I don't have a working line so that's probably why

But yes call them.

"edit" Infact today was the date I chose.. but I am waiting till next Wednesday now.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 23-May-14 08:25:49)

ISP Representative LinnPlusnet
(isp) Fri 23-May-14 10:36:24
Print Post

Alternatively, send me a message with your username and I can take a look at that for you, jchamier.

Linn Karstrom
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User rm55
(newbie) Fri 23-May-14 13:45:08
Print Post

[re: LinnPlusnet] [link to this post]

I'm in a similar situation, signed up to migrate from Coms on the evening of the 15th May, got a letter in the post a couple of days later but since then there have been no further updates.

Just checked on the tracker today and it says "Checking your line"

I'll pm you my user name Linn if you could take a look for me?
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-May-14 19:12:22
Print Post

[re: LinnPlusnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LinnPlusnet:
Alternatively, send me a message with your username and I can take a look at that for you, jchamier.

Thanks, your colleague Martin in order provisioning was very helpful at lunchtime and has pushed the order through. Something had got stuck I guess. I've now had an email and an SMS updating me.

Everything looking good on the portal, just waiting for the go live date, which I suspect will be issued next week given the bank holiday smile

Print Thread

Jump to