User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User beardedwonder
(regular) Fri 23-May-14 17:35:51
Print Post

Installation problem

[link to this post]

I was set to get Plusnet fibre today, I had a non-openreach engineer who was happy to use my unlocked modem. The first problem was that he couldn't get up the pole, he said the steps were loose so he had to phone for someone with a cherry picker, this guy took a couple of hours to get here. When he had finished I went to the van to ask if everything should be ok now and he said yes. I plugged everything in and there was nothing, no dial tone and no DSL light.

Plusnet said that Openreach hadn't closed the line installation so I phoned the first engineer and he said that everything should be fine it just may take a while to process. He then popped in later on just before 5, there was still a problem so he rang the guy with the cherry picker who said that there was a problem a the pole and the screws weren't secure on the wires or they would get straight through the wires!

Why didn't the second engineer tell me there was a problem when I spoke to him? Then I wouldn't have had to wait till 1700 to then ring Plusnet and register the problem.

So it appears I'm now in 24-48 hours wait territory which might take me through to Tuesday with the bank holiday which is really annoying. Although hopefully I won't have to be in for them to fix the fault.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 23-May-14 17:51:37
Print Post

Re: Installation problem

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

Did you already have a phone connection?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(regular) Fri 23-May-14 17:56:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Did you already have a phone connection?

I am moving house, I believe the previous owners used Virginmedia and did not have a BT line.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Mon 26-May-14 10:10:58
Print Post

Still no word from Plusnet and no updates, was told 24-48 hours at 1700 on Friday, I wish they wouldn't just read from the script and give the standard replies, that was one of the reasons I moved away from EE.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-May-14 10:20:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by beardedwonder:
Still no word from Plusnet and no updates, was told 24-48 hours at 1700 on Friday, I wish they wouldn't just read from the script and give the standard replies, that was one of the reasons I moved away from EE.

Unless its changed in the last few years Plusnet don't use scripts. In fact we were told (when I worked there) to always make our own style and never to sound scripted which,to be fair, always worked for me and others

The WE and BH will hold things up. It's usually refers to working days. Although 24-48 hours is the standard response.
(regular) Mon 26-May-14 22:40:20
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

I phoned today, no fault had been logged by them and they apparently thought ask was well with my connection! The fault has now been logged and Openreach will apparently fix it before Thursday, all a bit Mickey mouse really.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-May-14 23:25:20
Print Post

Seems odd that no fault was logged - one would have hoped that the engineer who came would not have submitted anything claiming it was up and working, so one wonders what the actual problem is and what lines of communication there are between the engineer and Openreach, Openreach and PN, and PN to the customer, when something 'significant' goes wrong with an installation.

Perhaps PN can provide an explanation for you of what info (if any) they have (apart from your comments, of course), if only to show whether or not they have been left out of the loop on your situation. I don't really mean to 'excuse' PN, but if they are left in the dark, they're not necessarily to blame.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-May-14 00:46:29
Print Post

Yes that is odd. The ticket system would do all the checks and then put it into the pool to be looked at.
(regular) Tue 27-May-14 09:08:27
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

I explained to plusnet on Friday exactly what the engineer had said on his second visit, they then left a cryptic message on my account and apparently did nothing until yesterday when I rang and explained the problem.

Part of the message from yesterday:
This has been booked in as level 2 service because if you look at previous tickets, a fault should have been raised and an update was advised in 24-48 hours and because no fault was actually raised eu didn't get an update

Will see what happens, hopefully the engineer did everything needed at the cabinet and in the house!
(regular) Wed 28-May-14 21:42:29
Print Post

Nothing has happened today, I phoned plusnet just after 5 and was told that Openreach repair faults up till midnight, not sure how truthful that is. This is now becoming more reminiscent of my time with EE.

Edited by beardedwonder (Wed 28-May-14 22:32:33)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to