User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 12:25:25
Print Post

Just some Feedback for the PN staff here

[link to this post]

I am not complaining about it as I am glad to finally be on FTTC but I wanted to let you know (in case there is an error or room for improvement) that you really should check the line status more when people order.

I was charged £49 for an install because I was told I needed a new line - when in fact ( according to the engineer) the exchange switched me on yesterday which used to indicate it was the start of a stopped line - and since when did PN charge for that? ( they didn't use to and that's why I am asking.

Anyway I just wanted to feed this back. In my case a new line was not necessary. However I appreciate he did have to come and plug the modem in (which is just sat on my desk) and if I could be bothered I would argue that's not exactly worth £49 either.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 13:12:26
Print Post

Re: Just some Feedback for the PN staff here

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

BT Openreach charge for reactivation of a dormant line and have done for a while. Despite the fact that it is potentially just a software change the charge is the same as for a new line install.

Charitably you could say that BT are averaging out the charges so that the people with complex installs don't get penalised through no fault of their own.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 13:17:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
BT Openreach charge for reactivation of a dormant line and have done for a while. Despite the fact that it is potentially just a software change the charge is the same as for a new line install.

Charitably you could say that BT are averaging out the charges so that the people with complex installs don't get penalised through no fault of their own.

Which is a fair point and thanks for making it smile

i'll leave it there - very happy with what I have now smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-May-14 18:40:26
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

"Just some Feedback for the PN staff here"

You seeing ghosts? Just that the last week seems to have been a "'PN staff'- free Zone"

- at least as far as postings, though I suspect 20-30 have seen every post
(based on the viewing figures from when someone posts at 02.00 or whenever)
PS I've thought to post similar comment for a few days but held back to see how long it would be.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Edited by ultra (Sat 31-May-14 18:43:18)

Print Thread

Jump to