User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Jun-14 10:29:31
Print Post

Re: PlusNet UK Prep Product Refresh and Half Price Fibre

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

... because I signed up in May ...

Luck of the draw - can understand being unhappy whether you miss a deal by being a few days late, or a few days early... someone mentioned Quidco the other day, and around 18 months ago, instead of paying out ~£35, the offer was for £90. Someone, somewhere, would be unhappy to have missed out on the higher amount, but not everyone would even know.

It's not always possible to order something (because of penalty terms on an existing contract) so being able to get the best discount or whatever just isn't always possible. As an existing customer I'm ineligible for many of those deals anyway, .

Sure, you may remember it in 18 months, but you might switch to some other ISP and again "miss out" by just a few days, on some superb offer they make for new customers. Irritating, but most people just accept it, with the odd moan now and then.

For my part, I've missed out on plenty of past deals, but the new unlimited FTTC offering at £14.99 is one bit of sunshine on the horizon...

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 02-Jun-14 01:10:10
Print Post

Re: PlusNet UK Prep Product Refresh and Half Price Fibre

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Plusnet can do what they want with their prices, if they change for existing customers and its above inflation then those customers can choose to opt-out.

My general observation now is that plusnet has fell in line with BT's generic business plan which is to have its primary profits derive from line rental and calls, the broadband is now an effective tack on to draw in customers for the line rental. Line rental across most providers (and calls, features) are rising at a rapid rate which should be getting ofcom's attention considering the wholesale costs are dropping, but ofcom will be very hesitant to regulate at the retail level.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to