User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User night59
(newbie) Fri 30-May-14 12:30:15
Print Post

Switching to PlusNet from TalkTalk

[link to this post]

Hello everyone,

Hoping you can give me a bit of advice.

My area is currently having FTCC installed and I'm looking forward to getting faster speeds. After reading on the internet about various broadband providers PlusNet seem to get the best recommendation so I'm looking at switching to them.

My only concern is I've heard horror stories of when people switch.

As it currently stands I'm with TalkTalk (originally tiscali) for both my phone and broadband (unsure if i'm on LLU or not - is there a way to check?). Now I'm looking to switch to the PlusNet Fibre Unlimited with line rental through PlusNet as well. If I do this will I be able to keep my current telephone number and will I be able to have internet throughout the switch process (excluding when cables have to be physically changed for the FTTC install).

Thanks in advance
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-May-14 12:50:15
Print Post

Re: Switching to PlusNet from TalkTalk

[re: night59] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by night59:
(unsure if i'm on LLU or not - is there a way to check?)

Put your phone number in here. If it is recognised, you are not on LLU. If it isn't you probably are.
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 70000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User night59
(newbie) Fri 30-May-14 12:52:59
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

Comes back as 'There is no data available for this number.' so from the sound of it I'm on LLU.

Worried that this will make switching harder.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Xplosion
(member) Fri 30-May-14 14:17:19
Print Post

[re: night59] [link to this post]

It should be fine, I'm with TalkTalk on FTTC and when I enter my landline number and post code into the line checker on the Plusnet website, it recognises my number. This is a good sign that Plusnet know what to do in the case of gaining a customer from an LLU provider.

Plusnet are easy to deal with anyway as they have 'award winning' UK support - if/when they do YouView I am inclined to switch to them as they are similarly priced to TalkTalk but much better at dealing with any problems that arise.

TalkTalk Plus TV with Fibre Large
  Print Thread

Jump to