User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User umernalla
(committed) Mon 30-Jun-14 17:14:45
Print Post

Oh dear..signed up & hit my first prob in under an hour!!

[link to this post]

Looks my dreaded scenario of migration cockup is becoming a reality...

Signed up online to PlusNet on Friday , got a TXT from Sky a few minutes later saying my Sky broadband + telephone would be disconnected on the 11th July.

Then got an email from PlusNet a short while later saying my Engineer was booked for 23rd July.

Logged a query on the PlusNet Forum and was told the phone line will switch on the 11th and the Fibre would commence on 23rd. Oh well, I thought at least I will have the landline - will have to make do with a 3g mobile router + 3g data sim for those 12 days.

Just rang PlusNet and now been assured everything will go live on 23rd - and that I should be able to convince Sky to keep me going till 23rd....So, in trying to fix things they have actually made it worse!

If Sky cant help then I will be without phone and broadband for the period. Doh!

Seriously wondering if I should have gone with Zen or someone else like that now....
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jun-14 17:23:21
Print Post

Re: Oh dear..signed up & hit my first prob in under an hour!

[re: umernalla] [link to this post]

Some other people have been through this conversion before, so have a look at previous posts. See if you can get all of the work done on the same day. The last think you want is for the telephone line / BB to be done on different days. Get PlusNet to manage their change on the same day. You should not have to mange both companies.

That said, let us know how you get on through the conversion.

IanD
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 30-Jun-14 18:25:30
Print Post

If the phone is moved to PlusNet on the 11th the broadband will stop working, as the line will no longer be full LLU which is what Sky use.

PlusNet when moving people off of a full LLU should use a Simultaneous Provider http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s... which can get phone and ADSL live on the same day. For Fibre some providers prefer to do it in two stages because they go wrong more often otherwise, but they could provide you with ADSL for a month and switch you to fibre later if you were happy waiting even longer.

Depends how critical constant broadband is to you. i.e. Will dongle suffice for a couple of weeks.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User umernalla
(committed) Mon 30-Jun-14 18:38:31
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
Some other people have been through this conversion before, so have a look at previous posts. See if you can get all of the work done on the same day. The last think you want is for the telephone line / BB to be done on different days. Get PlusNet to manage their change on the same day. You should not have to mange both companies.

That said, let us know how you get on through the conversion.

Thats the problem - PlusNet somehow messed up the dates - I didnt ask for different dates.

I spoke to helpful PlusNet support guy earlier and he said he was going to put an amendment order through to get the dates changed for both things to happen on the 23rd - just hope Sky will accept this...

Edited by umernalla (Mon 30-Jun-14 18:38:56)

Standard User umernalla
(committed) Mon 30-Jun-14 18:40:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If the phone is moved to PlusNet on the 11th the broadband will stop working, as the line will no longer be full LLU which is what Sky use.

PlusNet when moving people off of a full LLU should use a Simultaneous Provider http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s... which can get phone and ADSL live on the same day. For Fibre some providers prefer to do it in two stages because they go wrong more often otherwise, but they could provide you with ADSL for a month and switch you to fibre later if you were happy waiting even longer.

Depends how critical constant broadband is to you. i.e. Will dongle suffice for a couple of weeks.

When I spoke Zen a few weeks ago they said they would do it as you describe i.e. switch to ADL first and then fibre a few weeks later. That's why I am wondering if I should have gone with them. Just don't need this headache...

A dongle will suffice - but my biggest worry is if Sky insist on disconnecting the phone on the 11th and we have no landline for the 12 day period!!

Edited by umernalla (Mon 30-Jun-14 18:41:28)

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jun-14 19:14:57
Print Post

I have highlighted your problem over on the PN forum. Hopefully a PN rep will pick it up in the morning.

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
Standard User umernalla
(committed) Mon 30-Jun-14 20:19:55
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

The amendment has already been sent - just hoping Sky dont have a problem with it.
Spoke to them a short while ago - they said that as long PlusNet send out the correct update - they should be able to delay the disconnect.

Edited by umernalla (Mon 30-Jun-14 20:24:57)

ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Tue 01-Jul-14 11:13:32
Print Post

Sorry to hear about the mix up here umernalla. Please drop me a reply or a PM with your username or a ticket ID so I can make sure we're on top of this for you.

Adam

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User umernalla
(committed) Tue 01-Jul-14 11:15:31
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

Hi Adam,
It appears that PlusNet have sent out the amendment order last night.
Waiting till later today to chase Sky and see if they have received it and can amend their disconnect date.

Thanks!
Standard User umernalla
(committed) Thu 03-Jul-14 10:48:05
Print Post

Just checked with Sky last night - they now have the correct dates.

Adam - perhaps it would be worth checking the procedures at PN - to see what went wrong this time??
Thanks!

Edited by umernalla (Thu 03-Jul-14 10:48:46)

Print Thread

Jump to