User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ehnonymouse
(member) Sun 06-Jul-14 23:54:51
Print Post

Plusnet unlimited

[link to this post]

10 years or so ago I used to be on Plusnet unlimited. Then they decided that they wouldn't provide that product any more and told us all to find alternative providers.
Now they are offering "unlimited" again, with an advert featuring that smug looking actor. Don't trust them. Ever. Find a reputable provider.

I went to Zen. They're great.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jul-14 08:23:46
Print Post

Re: Plusnet unlimited

[re: ehnonymouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ehnonymouse:
10 years or so ago I used to be on Plusnet unlimited. Then they decided that they wouldn't provide that product any more and told us all to find alternative providers.
On 30 January 2007 Plusnet was acquired by BT Group

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Mon 07-Jul-14 08:24:10
Print Post

PlusNet has changed over the past 10 years with respect to unlimited. I have been with them for the whole of that time. Unlimited really does mean unlimited now and they have the network to provide it at least as far as I am concerned.

I am glad that you have found an ISP in Zen who provide what you want at a price that you are willing to pay. I see no reason why you should use a 10 year old experience colour other people's view of what is available today.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jul-14 08:28:54
Print Post

Funny how, that in the 18 months that they re-introduced unlimited products, there has been not a single complaint posted that a user has had an issues with the volume of data they download. We have seen reports of people downloading hundreds of gig every month.

There are issues with Plusnet at the moment (e.g. long hold times on the phones and slow responses to tickets), but Unlimited being truly unlimited is absolutely not an issue.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer

Edited by jelv (Mon 07-Jul-14 08:29:56)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Jul-14 09:13:04
Print Post

Don't trust them. Ever. Find a reputable provider.

That is totally out of order, possibly libellous.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync 72152/19999 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jul-14 12:14:06
Print Post

PlusNet are very good - and a lot cheaper, better value and more unlimited than Zen, although the latter would be a good (if expensive) alternative, if you can afford them.

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jul-14 12:27:47
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

There is nothing wrong with Plusnet. I had FTTC Unlimited since February 2014 and before that ADFSL2+ Unlimited for over a year. Great service and cheaper. Zen support is only mon to fri only. But Plusnet support is 24/7 days a week.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jul-14 12:47:25
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
Don't trust them. Ever. Find a reputable provider.

That is totally out of order, possibly libellous.
lol. Sounds like he has experience of their behaviour. Telling the truth is unlikely to be libellous.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Jul-14 13:14:16
Print Post

10 years or so ago I used to be on Plusnet unlimited. Then they decided that they wouldn't provide that product any more and told us all to find alternative providers. ...

And for what do we deserve this trolling? Thank goodness being stuck on the "bad boys pipe" a whole decade ago hasn't scarred you for life(and I also remember the people involved trying to wreck this forum for everyone). If anyone is unhappy about their ISP they should move on and not continue to ruminate about it for 10 years. tongue
Standard User cajef
(experienced) Mon 07-Jul-14 16:32:06
Print Post

I have been with PlusNet since 2005, you may ask why and the answer is because I have never has anything to complain about, my connection and speed have been good and whenever I have had any problems they have been sorted out in what I consider to be a reasonable time.

I have been on unlimited FTTP now for just over twelve months, I can and have downloaded as much as I want without any restriction, and never had a speed or connection drop since going onto FTTP.

I can also assure you that I don't have any particular loyalty to them they are just an ISP, if they had not delivered to my satisfaction I would have found another ISP that did.

PlusNet FTTP Unlimited
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to