User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(member) Wed 09-Jul-14 18:55:27
Print Post

Just signed up to PlusNet - Now the Fear Kicks In

[link to this post]

Hope Im making the right choice. 18 months is a long time for a contract! Lots of people are happy with Virgin. Lots of people are happy with PlusNet. I thought Virgin were poor and had way too many contention issues with frequent slow downs. Hope I don't experience the same here.

Now though my three bits of immediate concern...

* How do I make sure the home phone is progressing OK? How do I review the order to make sure that PlusNet will KEEP my existing number?

* Billing start date 9th July? Hang on, Im not being installed to the 24th July?

14 days "cooling off period"? But Im not being installed for 15 days! How can I "cool off"?

* "Your broadband order should complete on 25th Jul 2014 - After 12pm. "? Wait, what? Hang on, I ordered 24th July 2014!

Finally, I want to click the button for getting a static IP before the line installs so I can know what my static IP will be so I can provide it to various online systems for connectivity.

Any advice PN or anyone else?

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Jul-14 20:35:58
Print Post

Re: Just signed up to PlusNet - Now the Fear Kicks In

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

You should now have access to your Member Centre. (Control Panel). See if you can go to My Account >> Connection settings >> Static IP.

Whether it will let you before you are migrated I don't know, but it's the first thing to try.

I forget who your broadband, and phone, are with.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 09-Jul-14 20:37:14)

ISP Representative chrispettitt
(isp) Thu 10-Jul-14 10:27:07
Print Post

Hi Simon,

If you've provided a mobile number on your account, we'll keep you updated o your telephone order via SMS. If not, feel free to PM me your account username and I'd be happy to check on things for you.

Did you sign up on 9th July and make your initial payment then? If so, this may have dictated when your Billing Date is. Don't worry, we won't bill you again.

We have given you a date for 25th as it gives the engineers time to complete all the work that's necessary. Officially, engineers can carry out the work u until midnight on 24th July. To be honest, generally, it happens much, much quicker than that and you'll generally find the order completes at some point during the day.

Static IP wise, we can activate this once you're account has gone active, it's how the accounts are built I'm afraid.

Chris Pettitt
Plusnet Customer Support
Digital Care
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sjdean
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 17:22:47
Print Post

[re: chrispettitt] [link to this post]

Thanks Chris. What does that mean, active account? You mean an active line? Or something else? I have a member centre portal where I can see my invoices and payments being made for a DSL and Phone service that isn't being activated for at least two weeks and delivery charges for a modem that hasn't yet been shipped?

That to me is really poor.

Simon

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Jul-14 00:11:24
Print Post

Your account will be marked active when the broadband actually starts working and that should become your billing date with your next bill being a month from then. That way you effectively only pay from when the service is usable.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User sjdean
(member) Mon 14-Jul-14 21:10:05
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Your account will be marked active when the broadband actually starts working and that should become your billing date with your next bill being a month from then. That way you effectively only pay from when the service is usable.

I know my FTTC switch to PlusNet from Sky ADSL is over a week away, but I've still got nothing further other than an order confirmation from PlusNet.

There's no confirmation re FTTC engineer install
No email from Sky re cancellation of account

And absolutely nothing else. When can I expect my router and for PlusNet to actually order the FTTC? Should I just have faith that this is going through on the 24th July as planned, or should I have received more by now.

SImon

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:11:33
Print Post

Did you PM Chris?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User sjdean
(member) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:20:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Did you PM Chris?

I did, aye. No response.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Jul-14 23:23:23
Print Post

Hmmm. That would upset me too.

Standard User think26872
(committed) Tue 15-Jul-14 10:22:31
Print Post

Hopefully a rep with pick this up but I would suggest you give them a call and ask them to check your order and whether you should have had your router delivered by now.

You may fall unluckly with waiting times on the phone but once answered I have always found them to be great and if there is a problem they will sort it and send another router if it was not delivered.

I did not get any confirmations but it was installed on the date I selected during sign up. I did get a text giving me my phone swap over date after broadband was installed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to