User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Sun 20-Jul-14 07:53:17
Print Post

Disappointed with Plusnet support responses

[link to this post]

Support ref: 88591428

I'm disappointed with the responses made from PlusNet team, they maybe busy on support items, but I think they need to take a little more time in reading peoples emails properly.

My Dad died a week ago and I've been helping my Mum contact everyone regarding necessary changes. Basically the PlusNet was in my Dads name but all the payments came out of their joint bank account. All I asked them to do was change the name from my Dad to my Mum as the sort code and account number will stay the same. Simple right?

Not with PlusNet, one reply said it cannot be done without shutting down the account and opening a new one. The second reply started with Dear Mr xxx, when we clearly stated it was "my Husband had died", and that we need to phone up and talk to someone. At this stressful time my Mum is not in a fit state to wait on the phone for such a trivial thing like this to get changed. We don't want any payments to stop as the phone and broadband are important at this time, but my Dads name will be removed from their joint bank account and we didn't want these payments to be rejected because of this.
I did a similar thing for Gas/Elec/Water etc and all got changed without any hassle.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Jul-14 08:17:37
Print Post

Re: Disappointed with Plusnet support responses

[re: BB4Tickton] [link to this post]

Hi there,

I have highlighted this post over on the PN forums, hopefully a rep will pick it up but not until tomorrow I suspect.

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Sun 20-Jul-14 08:23:01
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by reserved:
Hi there,

I have highlighted this post over on the PN forums, hopefully a rep will pick it up but not until tomorrow I suspect.

Thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Jul-14 08:28:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by BB4Tickton:
...but my Dads name will be removed from their joint bank account and we didn't want these payments to be rejected because of this.

It's little consolation, but I think it is unlikely that the payments would be rejected.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync 72152/19999 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:12:47
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I confirm the name on the bank account doesn't matter.

My bank account was joint with my wife. When I notified the bank of her death (last year) the bank simply changed the name of the account.

I believe when that is done then direct debit authorisations on the account simply persist. I didn't notify any companies with them, and all continue to be taken. Most d/ds on the account were with companies where she was the customer, not myself, and all are still going out as I wish to retain them.

I haven't even told most of the companies.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:22:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

According to Barclays, they said to inform all the Direct Debit people even though they would honour them.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:35:01
Print Post

smile
Yes. I was just trying to reassure you that the payments would not be stopped by the bank even if submitted in your Dad's name. That was the worry you stated near the end of your OP.

I think I would try and contact one of the Digital Care reps on here or the Community Forums if I were you. The danger is more losing the service than worrying about the d/d, and we don't want possibly newly recruited first line support screwing up.

All the best to you. Keep looking after your Mum smile. Been there, done that as well, many years ago, and when one of my brothers died suddenly only 13 years ago.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Jul-14 07:38:45
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by reserved:
Hi there,

Well done!

Just to "close-the-loop", here is a link to reserved's post in the PN Forum:- LINKY

Regards,
John
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Mon 21-Jul-14 09:50:23
Print Post

Hi BB4Tickton,

Sorry to hear of the circumstances why you're needing to contact us.

I've now updated the account with the relevant details, some of the previous responses to your mum were not the best to be honest and I'll feed that back.

I've also updated the ticket to clarify this.

Kind Regards,

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Mon 21-Jul-14 10:17:19
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Thank you Chris, but I've just noticed that the Direct Debit details are still in my Dads name, will this be changed?

In reply to a post by chrispurvey:
Hi BB4Tickton,

Sorry to hear of the circumstances why you're needing to contact us.

I've now updated the account with the relevant details, some of the previous responses to your mum were not the best to be honest and I'll feed that back.

I've also updated the ticket to clarify this.

Kind Regards,

Edited by BB4Tickton (Mon 21-Jul-14 10:23:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to