User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Tue 22-Jul-14 11:12:28
Print Post

Appalling service from Plusnet

[link to this post]

I have a great aunt in her 80s who I recommended to plusnet for broadband some years ago. This has worked well. Recently I visited her to sort out a computer problem and reviewed her telephony and internet requirements. Her telephony is currently with BT and I reckoned she could get a better deal with Plusnet.

I suggested she call 08004320200 and ask for the following:

1: Phone with anytime
2: Annual line rental
3: Caller display
4: The latest £2.50 broadband deal for a year
5: A Plusnet modem/router as she started on PN before they were giving free ones and she bought her own whichis now unsuitable as it lacks wifi.

She tried phoning several times, wasting over 3 hours in the process. Her best result was getting through after almost an hour's wait. The person wasn't helpful, he denied the existence of the £2.50 net deal and was generally hard to deal with.

My aunt is planning to move her broadband to BT who I'm sure will welcome her business even if Plusnet don't seem to want it and I lose the referral bonus.

If a PN rep responds I can supply her username by PM.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 22-Jul-14 11:29:07
Print Post

Re: Appalling service from Plusnet

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

Unlimited broadband from £2.50 a month for the first 12 months then £9.99 a month when you take line rental 12 month contract:

This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from plus.net between 9th July and 2nd September 2014.
So that deal does not exist for your great aunt who is an existing customer. That does not excuse the unhelpful attitude of the agent. You might get more luck with the retentions team when you ask for the MAC.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Jul-14 19:04:47
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

The offer of £2.50 still apply to existing customer who willing to signed up new contract with phone switch over to plusnet from BT. I would complaint to plusnet and tell the name of the agent who are unhelpful attitude to your aunt

Edited by adslmax (Tue 22-Jul-14 19:05:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Wed 23-Jul-14 09:17:58
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I doubt my aunt will have noted the PN agent's name.

Here's a chance for PN to turn a loss into a gain. I don't it would take much for one of the PN people here to contact me and make a nice gesture to my aunt. This might well retain a customer and with better revenues.

Slightly surprised a PN rep hasn't picked this up yet.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jul-14 09:58:11
Print Post

Plusnet ticket have been going downhills lately as they took too long to reply. I can sense plusnet phone support and ticket is very poor lately since a new plusnet office in Leeds & Sheffield. But, the community forum is lot quicker than phone call and plusnet ticket.
(member) Wed 23-Jul-14 10:00:33
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I suppose I ought to post in the community forum but I don't really feel the urge to use yet another online forum. I seem to spend far too mcuh time in various online forums anyway.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jul-14 18:11:14
Print Post

Slightly surprised a PN rep hasn't picked this up yet.

Yes your opening post and this thread seems to have been overlooked for some unknown reason, the DCT are usually pretty good at replying and it's surprising Adam didn't, it's not like him.

plusnet user
(member) Fri 25-Jul-14 07:39:50
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I'm surprised it's been ignored too. The PN reps are usually pretty much on top of problems raised here at TBB.

I'm starting to wonder if this is an early sign of PN going down the tubes again, like it did a few years ago before the BT takeover.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Jul-14 08:57:32
Print Post

So am I so I have flagged this up at the Plusnet Forums
(member) Fri 25-Jul-14 09:08:10
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Thanks for doing that.