User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Jul-14 20:48:09
Print Post

Plusnet phone - but still getting BT bill ?

[link to this post]

So I moved to plusnet in June, broadband (fibre) went first and all good, then phone line on the 16th June.

BT knew about the broadband move, and so stopped charging me for broadband, and I had a lot of emails, but reviewing them they all seem to show broadband move to plusnet and a change of phone line to just BT unlimited and weekend.

so I've paid Plusnet in advance £151 for my phone line for 12 months and first months ISP charge on the 19th May - and the phone line went live on 16th June according to an email.

BT are saying my phone line is still with them - so I'm now paying TWO companies for phone service.

How do I a) get this fixed and b) get some money back from whichever company screwed up?

(I suspect a is call PN, but b is why I'm posting here) - thanks all.

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - Sync 55/9.4 (BT was 51/9.8)
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed

Edited by jchamier (Wed 23-Jul-14 21:15:07)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Jul-14 21:11:39
Print Post

Re: Plusnet phone - but still getting BT bill ?

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I'm not sure why you think there might be a problem getting money back - your phone line is clearly with one company or the other and whichever company it is not with will have to refund you - in hard cash if it's BT or probably by way of an extension to the end date of your pre-paid line rental if it's Plusnet. If it can be established which company actually screwed up, you may be able to get a little bit extra back from them by way of compensation.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jul-14 21:12:59
Print Post

I would say phone PlusNet and explain the situation. I'm sure they can find out what is wrong. I have found support to be very helpful so far. Far better to deal with than BTs 'support'.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Jul-14 21:14:45
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Thanks both, I'll start with PN during office hours tomorrow. :-/

15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed
Standard User kandrews8098
(newbie) Wed 23-Jul-14 21:42:23
Print Post

ring 150 on your phone, if your still with BT then you'll get some BT options to chose from, but if your with Plusnet then you'll get an error message.

Edited by kandrews8098 (Wed 23-Jul-14 21:43:05)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Jul-14 22:27:35
Print Post

[re: kandrews8098] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kandrews8098:
ring 150 on your phone, if your still with BT then you'll get some BT options to chose from, but if your with Plusnet then you'll get an error message.

Brilliant - I get "that number is not supported on this line, please check the documentation from your telephone service provider"

thanks!

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:00:41
Print Post

I knew there was an easy way, just couldn't think of it quickly enough. So, it's good old BT that owes you smile

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Aug-14 16:39:12
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
So, it's good old BT that owes you smile

To close this one off.

Finally after a lot of hassles with BT's telephone people, I recalled the BT Care concept, and BatBoy helpfully posted the web link to send an issue to the team. I had a phone call from BT care today, and they've corrected my account, organised a final bill which should do the credit stuff and sort itself out in the next few weeks.

She apologised and said that it normally works. smile

Edited by jchamier (Sun 03-Aug-14 16:39:27)

Print Thread

Jump to