User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 13:28:47
Print Post

Line Rental going up from September 23rd

[link to this post]

Has anyone got email just now from Plusnet to say line rental going up from September 23rd:

Email read out:

On 23rd September 2014 we are making some changes to our home phone pricing and call charges. The cost of our monthly line rental is increasing to £15.95 a month. Our monthly line rental packages with inclusive calls still deliver great value, they're better value than TalkTalk1 , and we continue to lead the market on customer satisfaction. 2

If you currently pay for 12 months line rental in advance, we'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew. The renewal charge after 23rd September 2014 will be £155.88, equivalent to £12.99 a month, this equates to a saving of £35.52 a year.

I already pay line rental saver £131.88 last month - so, I don't know if my line rental saver will going to increase or not?

Edited by adslmax (Thu 24-Jul-14 13:30:40)

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Thu 24-Jul-14 13:54:10
Print Post

Re: Line Rental going up from September 23rd

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Not had the email yet myself (only had the one where they've turned on a firewall for each of us today!!!) but seems like it's pretty well covered here

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 13:56:59
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

It's rather annoying as Plusnet seem to follow BT line rental cost. I hope my line rental saver remain the same until end of my 12 months in July 2015, but a cheeky of email me after I signed up line rental saver last month upfront of £131.88 to cover from July 22nd 2014 until July 22nd 2015.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:01:06
Print Post

Yeah it is annoying - I'm stuck with them for another 8 months and pay monthly!

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:14:39
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Ofcom ruling say u can leave if they increasing the price without a penalty fee but you will lose LRS as LRS are non-refundable.

Updated: Plusnet staff told me My LRS won't be affected until end of my LRS as I still got 11 months left. So, I am ok for now until next July 2015.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 24-Jul-14 14:15:03)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:31:36
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6483-line-rental-... old news by about 5 weeks

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:35:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

No it isn't
This price change is for existing customers and was first announced here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1292...
The previous one was for new customers

Edited by Oldjim (Thu 24-Jul-14 14:37:13)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:39:04
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

MrSaffron, no it not old news. The first time was for new customers and now this one for existing customers which I got email just today from Plusnet.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-Jul-14 14:54:54
Print Post

Hands ADSLMax the golden cookie for the day

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Thu 24-Jul-14 15:12:00
Print Post

Hi all,

We know nobody likes a price increase, we've made this decision to both maintain and improve our overall service to customers whilst we continue to grow.

We're doing our best (and the mods are too, cheers Jim et al...) to field any queries and discussion surrounding that here:

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1292...

I'd advise having a read through the discussion there before posing any new questions as you may well already find the info/answer you're looking for.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to