User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mandevil
(learned) Sat 26-Jul-14 11:42:32
Print Post

Switching to Plusnet - Very Dissapointed

[link to this post]

Have been with a number of ISPs over the years including Demon, Nildram, Plusnet, UKFSN, Zen, Andrews & Arnold and Sky and never had any problems switching between them.

Chose to move from Sky LLU to Plusnet Fibre when the cabinet I am connected to was upgraded recently as it was a better deal than Sky were offering (for 80/20) and I had been with Plusnet before with no problems.

Well not this time. Everything seemed to be going smoothly on the transfer, despite not receiving many updates on the progress of my order. Although I assumed that was because things were going fine. Took half a day off work waiting in for the openreach engineer to show up, getting more anxious as it got closer to 6pm (I was assigned a 1-6pm slot). I called up 5:30pm and was reassured that there was still time for them to get there. No mention of any problems with my order.

Contacted them numerous times since each time getting told that I would have a new slot within 24-48 hours, there was some bs about a routing issue, but they did not go into any detail about it and was eventually told it had been resolved, but would now have to wait an additional 4 days for a new appointment.

Very disappointed with the transfer, would have been less annoyed if they had informed me of the 'Routing' issue before and I had not lost half a days earnings for nothing. Has blown any saving I made moving to plusnet.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Jul-14 17:50:35
Print Post

Re: Switching to Plusnet - Very Dissapointed

[re: mandevil] [link to this post]

I always go for 8am to 1pm slot. I will never pick and choose 1pm to 6pm (they always not turn up)
Standard User mandevil
(learned) Sun 27-Jul-14 09:35:11
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I would have, but it was a Monday morning and that's the busiest time of the week for me at work, so really needed to be there.

I've dealt with other ISPs at work, IDnet most recently and when there has been a problem out of their control they have always been quick to get an explanation from openreach and get it fixed. Got a two word explanation from plusnet and when told that the issue had been fixed, that I'd have to wait an additional 4 days before I get a new install date.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 28-Jul-14 01:20:00
Print Post

[re: mandevil] [link to this post]

The transfer to Plusnet is where many problems occur. Nothing has simproved since they connected me to another persons line four years ago, then lost broadband altogether when sorting it. Openreach said it was a PN order cockup. I realise openreach make the connections, but it always seems to be pLusnet where switching goes wrong, despite a tenth the customers of some ISPs.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User beardedwonder
(regular) Mon 28-Jul-14 12:05:23
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
The transfer to Plusnet is where many problems occur. Nothing has simproved since they connected me to another persons line four years ago, then lost broadband altogether when sorting it. Openreach said it was a PN order cockup. I realise openreach make the connections, but it always seems to be pLusnet where switching goes wrong, despite a tenth the customers of some ISPs.

Are Openreach going to admit to a cock up given that end users don't get to talk to Openreach? An Openreach contractor connected my phone to an internal extension instead of the outside line!

Have you been with Plusnet for the last four years, or are you judging them based on what looks like an Openreach issue that happened four years ago?
(experienced) Mon 28-Jul-14 12:21:17
Print Post

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by beardedwonder:

Are Openreach going to admit to a cock up given that end users don't get to talk to Openreach? An Openreach contractor connected my phone to an internal extension instead of the outside line!

Have you been with Plusnet for the last four years, or are you judging them based on what looks like an Openreach issue that happened four years ago?

I am judging them on reports of continual poor service reports here. If it was not for the few PN reps that actually know what they are doing that pop in here, they would have turned turtle long ago. It must be embarrassing for them to continually admit the shortcomings of many PN staff and well borked system. Even the much publiscised new call centre seems the usual joke service. Of course, I may be unfairly comparing them to my two quality suppliers. You get used to a knowledgeable response to a ticket in five to ten minutes, along with quality overall service and lower prices.

(member) Mon 28-Jul-14 12:46:59
Print Post

I am judging them on reports of continual poor service reports here. If it was not for the few PN reps that actually know what they are doing that pop in here, they would have turned turtle long ago. It must be embarrassing for them to continually admit the shortcomings of many PN staff and well borked system. Even the much publiscised new call centre seems the usual joke service. Of course, I may be unfairly comparing them to my two quality suppliers. You get used to a knowledgeable response to a ticket in five to ten minutes, along with quality overall service and lower prices.

It's a bad idea to judge a company based on complaints on a forum as this is not representative of the actual userbase. People that have problems are much more likely to register and post on forums.

I have recently had Virgin Media cable; terrible overseas call centres, frequent disconnects and congestion issues.

Orange/EE; terrible overseas call centres with ignorant call handlers trying to fob you off. Took the best part of 3 months to get them to admit there was a problem with my line and that Openreach should be called out.

Maybe you should enjoy your great customer service at your current provider and stop harping on about a four year old issue that was probably an Openreach installation issue.
(experienced) Mon 28-Jul-14 13:54:27
Print Post

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

I don't just judge Plusnet by the complaints posted in the media. I judge ALL suppliers, which seems fair to me. You don't need to enlighten me of the finer points of other ISPs, I have suffered most. Indeed, I will be suffering the ineptitude of Orange/EE again next week when we are back at our north of the border property. maybe, you should learn to read a post properly, you will then see I am judging Plusnet by their shortcomings today, which show nothing has improved since I was with them. I did not leave four years ago, that was when I suffered joining.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 28-Jul-14 13:57:54)

(member) Mon 28-Jul-14 14:13:44
Print Post

I don't just judge Plusnet by the complaints posted in the media. I judge ALL suppliers, which seems fair to me. You don't need to enlighten me of the finer points of other ISPs, I have suffered most. Indeed, I will be suffering the ineptitude of Orange/EE again next week when we are back at our north of the border property. maybe, you should learn to read a post properly, you will then see I am judging Plusnet by their shortcomings today, which show nothing has improved since I was with them. I did not leave four years ago, that was when I suffered joining.

Seems quite rich that someone not currently on Plusnet is judging them. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder for whatever reason. Plusnet is at the very least one of the better home (mass market) broadband providers out there.
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Mon 28-Jul-14 16:08:29
Print Post

Of course, I may be unfairly comparing them to my two quality suppliers. You get used to a knowledgeable response to a ticket in five to ten minutes, along with quality overall service and lower prices.

Can you name these quality suppliers, please? I can see several that almost certainly give better service than PlusNet, particularly PlusNet in its current (transient) state; but they all seem to have considerably higher prices.

I'm interested in PlusNet (and others) at the moment as I'm considering a move from BT.

--
BT Infinity 2, thinking of moving to PlusNet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to