User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User superspeed
(committed) Sun 27-Jul-14 13:16:32
Print Post

Plusnet poor quality of service, connection and more

[link to this post]

Well plusnets quality of service seems to be in deterioration.

While this may not be as bad as some of you I have noticed more dropped connections. I know this because I monitor and keep track of my ip's.

I called PN other day and they claimed it was BT maintenance but they keep on saying that like it's some excuse. BT openreach seem so haphazard if that is the case.

Anyway it happened again last night, dropped around 2am and a new IP this morning. I have used the zen checker and their was no maintenance last night but there will be tonight.

So that will be another dropped connection.

http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

On top of that the call centre waiting times have gone up again. Called other night about 1am and it was a 30 minute wait.

When I asked about the Leeds call centre and said it was meant to reduce waiting times, PN said, the Leeds call centre shuts at 5pm. PN said they don't have a lot of staff on after this. Never used to be like that

Well that's a lot of flaming good with the Leeds call centre being shut at 5pm. What is the point of a new call centre if it's closed at 5pm. frown

plusnet need to pull themselves together and stop proving such a poor service. There fibre is also going down the pan.

Thatís what you get when you try and sell flaming broadband at £2.99. It's not sustainable.

I may as well go back to BT in future for my fibre. Sort it PN!

* Note* Trolls need not reply to me, you know who you are. Thank You.

After recent events and troll threads about speed test images in sigs, please avoid the thinkbroadband speed tester.

Speedtest.net is far superior.
http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by superspeed (Sun 27-Jul-14 13:21:25)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Jul-14 14:07:25
Print Post

Re: Plusnet poor quality of service, connection and more

[re: superspeed] [link to this post]

The call centre should be open 24/7 as both Sheffield & Leeds sharing call centres. If Leeds closed at 5pm, it revert to Sheffield call centre. But, I agree with you, why Leeds closed at 5pm? It's seem waste of money and pointless to expanding new call centre in Leeds. Also, Plusnet are suppose to expanding it with new jobs too, Seem likely no ones seem bother now. The phone call on the support is going from bad to worse now. But, I don't bother use the phone call. I use plusnet community forum instead as there seem lots quicker than waiting on the phone for hours!

Edited by adslmax (Sun 27-Jul-14 14:09:46)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sun 27-Jul-14 14:34:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Only getting decent support from a forum is no good if your broadband is down, and what keeps many from Talktalk.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Jul-14 15:46:49
Print Post

Seems to me you're paying exactly what you should be paying, for no phone support. Enjoy! smile

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (60/20Mb FTTC) | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?
Standard User ainsley001
(regular) Sun 27-Jul-14 16:01:24
Print Post

I recently moved from Plusnet Fibre to Sky Fibre and although the move was initially financial as I got offered a great deal with Sky, it was really just in the nick of time.

18 months ago when I joined Plusnet you could ring up and be through within 2 or 3 minutes at most. Dealing with a line fault in the last couple of months of being with them it was always a minimum of 30 minutes to get through, despite it usually saying 15 minutes when the call was initially auto-answered. On one occasion I waited 25 minutes and then got put through to another department , for which I waited a further 35 minutes. I don't care how much they announce the delay, these waiting times are unacceptable and simply demonstrate them being under-manned.

When I did eventually switch, my connection, which had been 29 down for most of the service, but 25 for the last 8 weeks or so, jumped up to 36! I presumed that would be a starting point and it would fall back, but after almost 3 months its still up there. Any fears about the Sky Hub have been groundless so far as well, so I'm well pleased with the move.
Standard User superspeed
(committed) Sun 27-Jul-14 18:32:25
Print Post

I called them again shortly after posting this and it was a 40 minute wait. frown

Plusnet at the start of this year harped on about how call wait times would improve with the opening of the Leeds call center but seems it was just hot air. Either that or are they having an exodus of staff leave.

Maybe plusnet should stop wasting money on stupid advertising campaigns and put the money into improving customer focused service first.

Plusnet don't seem to understand that, customers who have bad service, are more likely to tell others and Plusnet less likely to gain more customers.

Broadband could do with improvements as I see others complaining about dropping connections and poor broadband.

After recent events and troll threads about speed test images in sigs, please avoid the thinkbroadband speed tester.

Speedtest.net is far superior.
http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by superspeed (Sun 27-Jul-14 18:34:30)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Jul-14 18:41:12
Print Post

[re: ainsley001] [link to this post]

Any fears about the Sky Hub have been groundless so far as well, so I'm well pleased with the move.
A lot of people seem to believe it's going to be a poor piece of kit. Yes, Skys router does not have flash and crazy features on paper. That said, when Sky first released their broadband they provided a Netgear router and it had so many issues. Sky learnt from that mistake quite significantly and every single router since has been totally reliable. Generally a Sky provided router doesn't crash, lock up or need rebooting. Out of Virginmedia, BT and Sky - the only routers I've never had to reboot occasionally has been my Sky routers. The Superhub on Virgin always locked up and the BT Hub often reboots itself (I've had several now). I had over 20 devices connecting to my Sky hub and an uptime over 3 months in the past.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Jul-14 23:08:57
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Yes, Skys router does not have flash and crazy features on paper.

It also has some big missing features for a 40 or 80 meg "fibre" service in 2014. Including 5GHz support and multiple streams for N on either frequency. Its the lowest spec of the big 4 ISPs and they really need an updated one.

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - Sync 55/9.4 (BT was 51/9.8)
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Jul-14 23:17:01
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Sky rarely push customers onto the 76Mbps fibre offering. Their deals always focus around the 40Mbps product. The sky hub can handle the 40 Mbps product without the fancy features.

If you have used 5Ghz you will realise the range is pretty poor and often 2.4 ends up faster.

For the 80Mbps (76 advertised) speed the sky hub caps out around 60Mbps for me so it's not good enough you're right.

That said the homehub dual band on 5Ghz is worse speed wise through just 2 walls in my house than 2.4 Ghz

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 27-Jul-14 23:17:29)

Standard User lektroluxe
(newbie) Mon 28-Jul-14 00:41:55
Print Post

[re: superspeed] [link to this post]

I wouldn't really think because a pppoa tunnel drops and reconnects causing an Ip change on a cheap home connection is in any way abnormal?

I would have thought that was just the nature of the low cost service and the pppoa authentication methods used by the industry.

I can't imagine any other isp using BT openreach/wholesale and including BT will be any different?

That's just what you get with a basic home service. If you want fixed IP's and better service level guarantees you will need a leased line product really or at least a business package. Not a home product.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to