User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Mon 28-Jul-14 18:45:42
Print Post

phone number charges

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Just looked at my PlusNet phone bill, as I have the anytime package with caller display, and noticed I am being billed for using a number none of my family know about or used.
I have a BT phone, the BT7600, which is anti spam enabled, it's set up to stop anyone using premium rate numbers, and for any calls outside of the area, needs a four digit pin to complete the call to be entered before dialling, but here are the details:
25/07/2014 07006247345 18:33:20 00:10:00 £5.24
Spoke to plusnet support (16 min Waite time) to be told someone will look into this for me?
I know none of my family have called this number, and don't want it repeated again by appearing on future bills (I've asked PlusNet to scrub the call charge for this number, but unsure if they will do it?
Anyone else getting this kind of problems?
Any reps care to get involved?

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Jul-14 19:32:58
Print Post

Re: phone number charges

[re: zrerz] [link to this post]

You may be interested in this thread on the Community Forums:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1290...

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Mon 28-Jul-14 19:57:44
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, spoke again to plusnet, but still same problem, no one there sure what to do?

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zrerz
(committed) Tue 29-Jul-14 16:49:47
Print Post

Well had reply from Plus CS, and it seems they are saying the call was made from my line, despite evidence presented to the contrary.

This level of service sucks!

I've requested info on options for leaving, but doubt if anyone there will do the decent thing and release me from contract, failure to do so merely exposes me to future costs for calls not made.

They (PlusNet CS) tried to imply the Sky box or alarm system caused this problem, no, I don't have an alarm system, and after speaking to sky, they assure me the box only uses a Freephone number, and not an 0700 number, which sky say they've never heard of.

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Jul-14 16:55:43
Print Post

25/07/2014 07006247345 18:33:20 00:10:00

Is that a 10 minute call or a call that starts at 18:33 and ends at 10 past midnight?

If it is exactly a 10 minute call then it pretty much rules out a person making the call as that would be very difficult to hit so precisely. If it is a nearly 6 hour call then that probably rules out a person as well.

Is the sky box the only other thing plugged in? There did used to be an issue years ago with sky boxes dialling the wrong number (speaking clock I think) and they denied it for ages - think it was on Watchdog in the end.
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Tue 29-Jul-14 17:04:28
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hi,

It's a 10 minute call, starting at 18.33 for ten mins for £5-24?

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Tue 29-Jul-14 17:32:28
Print Post

Have you tried calling that number and seeing who it is?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Jul-14 17:43:05
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

And, whether they remember the call. Though if it was an auto-dial it's possible the owner of the number has the poster's number blocked now.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Jul-14 18:05:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The 10 minutes reminded me of a chat with a journo about some form of VoIP/conference call spam.

Number is called person hangs up, but line stays up for up to 10 minutes and the scammer makes money out of the commission form VoIP conference charges.

Seems to be they call you, hang up quickly and then you call back to see who it was and the billing adds up very quickly and as 07 looks like many mobile numbers people don't expect it to be a big bill, but 0700 can be.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Tue 29-Jul-14 18:06:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi All,

Thanks for replies, wonderful guy at PlusNet called Doug has sorted everything out in one simple go, so I withdraw all anger I was feeling towards PlusNet.

All is OK now!

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to