User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(member) Fri 08-Aug-14 21:19:53
Print Post

Great PlusNet

[link to this post]

All the fear has gone with a flawless migration and excellent service from PlusNet! Absolutely brilliant and loving the speeds.

Thank you to all at PlusNet. Where's my free Pen?

smile

One problem though with Sky, despite moving two weeks ago, Sky are billing me again and saying that the account hasn't been cancelled. I was kind of under the impression that using a Mac code would essnetially automatically cancel your account.

Is that right or wrong?

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Aug-14 21:28:42
Print Post

Re: Great PlusNet

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

It depends on Sky's T & Cs.

Some ISPs take the issue of a MAC as the start of the notice period, others require separate notice. Complications can arise if you don't migrate within the notice period, particularly if it is separate notice. Usually, with the implicit notice, not using the MAC causes the notice to be cancelled and service continues as normal.

Whatever the T & Cs, it is always wise to notify the losing ISP as soon as the migration is complete. They should be told by Openreach, but some ISPs make out they weren't told. Whenever I've confirmed I've moved, my old ISP support have always said "Yes, we know, thanks".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Aug-14 21:41:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just for the record "they make out" is an unfair way of phrasing that - I *do* deal with migrations and it's not actually that unusual for a notification to be missing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Aug-14 21:54:19
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

"some ISPs" smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 08-Aug-14 21:57:21
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

Well that just reflects badly on the way the ISP is run...and I am not sure how a cancellation can go missing..
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Aug-14 09:09:31
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Nothing to do with the ISP - The alerts aren't triggered at the BT end.
  Print Thread

Jump to